Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Dark Tower... movie or tv series?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Dark Tower... movie or tv series?

Default Dark Tower... movie or tv series?

So this is not totally my idea, as I've heard some chatter on the matter from various podcasts and such.

However, given the legnth of the DT series, and the vastness of the story... do you think the DT story might be better told as an hour length television show? Not on network tv, but maybe like AMC or HBO?

Default Re: Dark Tower... movie or tv series?

I'd say "television," except for the fact that Jake needs to stay the same age the entire time, and an actor can't do that over the course of seven or eight seasons. It's just not doable without changing the character. Except animation, I guess, but I don't have much interest in that.

...I think the original concept of several mega movies with cable access "bridges" is the only way...should the damn thing ever come to life....

Ron Howard and Akiva Goldsman have an interesting and revolutionary hybrid adaptation planned for the series. They each spoke to me at length about it in my latest book. I'm hopeful--not everyone is going to like it, but they're definitely fans and want to do right by the material.

My opinion is, they could do it like it is done with the new mortal kombat movie... First they put out two or three seasons of series and then they make the big screen movie. I mean, if you have a story with so many books, how will you put this in a nice shape in 3 movies? Don't get me wrong, I think that the dark tower movie deserves more quality than the lord of the rings movie has! The story is to special and complex and it's the lifework of stephen king, so they should make this one the lifework of the whole team who's workin on this movie, then there will be no dissapointment and no room for critics and the fans will love it.

I think that the movie will be better than the ем series. Always, when we watch the saga in the cinema, it becomes a REAL event. Coming out of the cinema people all day in ecstatic contemplation and enjoy the impressions received from watching the movie. And despite the series, people lose their main passion and grandeur of the creative design of the author, the series becomes commonplace, routine and not so interesting. To see the Dark Tower on the big screen is like to see the release of volcano, the fall of the meteorite or Supernova's overwhelming that are brighter for the Sun.