Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Breaking Bad - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Default Re: Breaking Bad

2. I'm down to 2. This is killing me. slowly.
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    2. I'm down to 2. This is killing me. slowly.
    Thank goodness you don't have to wait a whole week between episodes! Enjoy the final 2...

If I don't have a heart attack first!
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

I am down to 1 episode. I think I'm going to cry, because nothing looks hopeful at all. BUT, before I watch that last episode, I'm going to go back and watch the first one.

I've seen the first one about 3 times when I was first trying to hook into this series. I was so bored with that first show, I could never get past it. So, all these years, I've not watched Breaking Bad. Then my youngest son insisted I sit and watch it with him since it is on Netflix and he was recording the last season. I made him promise we could start with episode 2 or I wouldn't watch. And, that's what we did.

I know for sure now I will enjoy the first episode and it's only apropo that I do so.

I'm dreading this ending.

I am down to 1 episode. I think I'm going to cry, because nothing looks hopeful at all. BUT, before I watch that last episode, I'm going to go back and watch the first one..
    That would be very worthwhile...I did the same before season 5 part 2 began. It's great to see the state of all the characters, especially Walt, at the very beginning.

Especially telling, thematically, is the first scene that takes place in Walt's classroom.

I hope you find the finale as satisfying as I did!

"Growth, decay and transformation." That's what it's all about Alfie?

Just watched the first episode and yes, I did appreciate it. I will watch the last one tonight. Part of me wants to peek at spoilers so I can just know and prepare myself, but I won't. I can't. I've got to make myself feel those feelings because otherwise, I just cheat myself.

I'sa skeered though.

If you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Well, I just cried. But, I'm so glad Walt did not die from his cancer. I have so many opinions about every character -- some that seem to go against what most people think. Bryan Cranston was just brilliant. I never liked Skyler, even though she had every right to be pissed. She had every right to have no trust. She had every right to want to protect her children. But I loathed her from the get go. And Jesse. Although Walt manipulated him and had unforgivable moments in regards to Jesse, I DO think Walt loved him in his own weird way. He saved him so many times, and he condemned him to misery so many times...I just wanted Jesse to hug Walt. I just did.

And I had to laugh when Badger and Skinny Pete showed up, lol!

In the end, he caressed that meth cooker so gently, and with such a wistful smile on his face. So sad. Walt was a bad guy, but I just wanted everything to be alright for him. Forget that he was making meth that was destroying hundreds of people and hundreds of families. He was so clean about his chemistry. When he finally says to Skyler that he did it for himself, he was admitting his real love, an affair that wasn't flesh. Like he said, "He was good at it." His everyday life was boring and I think he just felt mentally impotent--a small moment really showing that is when he is working at the car wash in the beginning as a second job and is wiping down the very nice car of his dips*it student. And the bigger life changer, knowing he sold out of Graymatter for 5000 bucks.

As Vince Gilligan said, he was with his precious when he died. I desperately wanted to hear someone tell Walt, "I love you." The closest he got was the meth lab where he felt most alive and if it could've talked, it would have said it.
    Last edited by Dana Jean; October 13th, 2013 at 12:25 AM.

If you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Well, I just cried. But, I'm so glad Walt did not die from his cancer. I have so many opinions about every character -- some that seem to go against what most people think. Bryan Cranston was just brilliant. I never liked Skyler, even though she had every right to be pissed. She had every right to have no trust. She had every right to want to protect her children. But I loathed her from the get go. And Jesse. Although Walt manipulated him and had unforgivable moments in regards to Jesse, I DO think Walt loved him in his own weird way. He saved him so many times, and he condemned him to misery so many times...I just wanted Jesse to hug Walt. I just did.

And I had to laugh when Badger and Skinny Pete showed up, lol!

In the end, he caressed that meth cooker so gently, and with such a wistful smile on his face. So sad. Walt was a bad guy, but I just wanted everything to be alright for him. Forget that he was making meth that was destroying hundreds of people and hundreds of families. He was so clean about his chemistry. When he finally says to Skyler that he did it for himself, he was admitting his real love, an affair that wasn't flesh. Like he said, "He was good at it." His everyday life was boring and I think he just felt mentally impotent--a small moment really showing that is when he is working at the car wash in the beginning as a second job and is wiping down the very nice car of his dips*it student. And the bigger life changer, knowing he sold out of Graymatter for 5000 bucks.

As Vince Gilligan said, he was with his precious when he died. I desperately wanted to hear someone tell Walt, "I love you." The closest he got was the meth lab where he felt most alive and if it could've talked, it would have said it.
    Well said...I am pleased you are pleased! Breaking Bad ranks up there with the best TV experiences I have ever had, alongside Lost and The Prisoner.

Season 5a finale had two million viewers. Season 5b/series finale had over 10 million viewers.

BTW, the finale isn't FeLiNa (iron, lithium, sodium). It's Felina. Go back and listen to the song that comes on when Walt starts the car. El Paso by Marty Robbins.

Felina ~ Finale

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast