Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Jesus painting banned in school.......... - Page 6

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jesus painting banned in school..........

Default Re: Jesus painting banned in school..........

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Sure I can. There's not any extra-Biblical evidence that Jesus ever actually lived.
    Not trying to be rude or anything, but doing some research before making such a post would be good. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Gray View Post
    Ditto. I appreciate your patience with me likewise. I'm not known for my tact and warmth. Discussions like ours turn into venom too easily and the fact that ours didn't demonstrates that people can talk about hard topics.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Again, I'm not saying he didn't. But even if he DID, he likely didn't look that, they don't know that Jesus was the son of god, you don't even know that Jesus was a real person. (Though, AGAIN, I believe he was and was probably a very nice man.) But you know what MLK and bunnies look like.
    ...MLK doesn't look like a bunny!....

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Chuggs View Post
    Not trying to be rude or anything, but doing some research before making such a post would be good. Just saying.
    Research?...what research?
    Ya know there are some rather strong arguments he never actually existed, I mean there ain't no actual historical proof but in a religious storybook, nothin', zip, nada.
    And in that is really the strongest 'proof' a Jesus fella walked the Earth causin' commotions, at least in my opinion.
    I mean hroughout the very wee early history of the squashing of a dawning 'Christianity and subsequent slaughter of 'Christians', back when it would have been if not important, at least an interesting historical footnote, no one denied that he did, nor argued in any way shape or form when it might have counted as a counter, that he didn't.
    So yes, yes I could deny that he was real, I could actually make a reasonably solid case for it, but common sense about a certain lack of historical record, dictates, to me anyway, that he most very probably was..."son" of the "father" of the very ether and everything contained within it zombie boy ascending into that very ether, leavin' nothin' for Jerusalem C.S.I. to go on, eh, not so very much.
    And that kiddos has inspired me motto of the moment...'Ain't necessarily about what's ya say, sometimes it's more about what ya don't'.

This painting of Jesus looks more like the Buddy Christ from the movie Dogma. And what I really want to know is this.. why is Jesus always depicted with long, flowing dirty blonde hair and beautifully groomed beard... I mean, Jesus looks more like a member of The Bee Gees or Allman Brothers in most paintings, than a guy from Nazareth or Galilee. And not to be funny... but in the time of Jesus, white people hadnt even been invented yet, had they?

It is my understanding that the picture was given to the school by the family of someone who had been killed in an accident as a memorial of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuggs View Post
    Oh, I agree entirely. Far too often, people spout off on messageboards without knowing what they're talking about.

Got some evidence? The world would love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Oh, I agree entirely. Far too often, people spout off on messageboards without knowing what they're talking about.

Got some evidence? The world would love to see it.
    The evidence is easy to find. Although, there is little from the actual time due to the destruction of Jerusalem around about 70 A.D. If your interested in sources, etc. just google it. Now, considering that Jesus lived long ago, the only non-biblical evidence is from other historical writings, etc. several of which were written within about 200 years from the time of Jesus's death. Too bad there were no cameras back then.

http://www.gotquestions.org/did-Jesus-exist.html This sight has some sources for those who like to dig. I myself do not need to dig more, as I am a Christian that believes with or without proof. That being said, I am sure that there are even more such sites for those who are interested.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast