Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Roger Ebert has died :( - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roger Ebert has died :(

Default Re: Roger Ebert has died :(

He is going to be missed by so many of us. RIP

Just think how lucky the folks who have moved on are. They will once again have Siskel and Ebert to review their movies.........

RIP x 2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	130405-ebert-siskel.photoblog600.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	17289

...you know...I'm not gonna mourn this passing...Roger was one of our best and brightest-and was able to keep doing what he loved and did so well, even as the black cells ravaged his body...there aren't many who can produce such a quality body of work over the decades, and not lose a step-even when the Fates were taking him away a piece at a time...his is a life to be celebrated, not a loss to be saddened by...for sure, "two thumbs up" Mr. Ebert, two thumbs up....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...you know...I'm not gonna mourn this passing...Roger was one of our best and brightest-and was able to keep doing what he loved and did so well, even as the black cells ravaged his body...there aren't many who can produce such a quality body of work over the decades, and not lose a step-even when the Fates were taking him away a piece at a time...his is a life to be celebrated, not a loss to be saddened by...for sure, "two thumbs up" Mr. Ebert, two thumbs up....
    He'd be a great candidate for the Irish wake, that's for sure. What a reason to raise a glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    Just think how lucky the folks who have moved on are. They will once again have Siskel and Ebert to review their movies.........

RIP x 2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	130405-ebert-siskel.photoblog600.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	17289
    So true:

http://imgur.com/gallery/rKdlGZZ
    "One pixel can change everything."

He was on of the people who I always listened to when it came to movies. RIP Roger.

He may not have been able to speak but he could still write. I followed him on both Twitter and Facebook. He was an unabashed liberal. So much so that he makes me look centric. This was one of his last posts:

The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect/The way you live, the gifts that you give/In the fullness of time/It's the only return that you expect

'A leave of presence'. His perfect last. In a statement his wife stated that his passing was peaceful . . .he smiled. Worthy. I have really loved him for years. He's the very creation of the meaning of 'film critic'. He held the weight of the meaning. I will miss you Roger, but I'm glad your battle is done. No one fought it with so much grace and dignity as you. No one.

Just an FYI... Howard Stern is featuring awesome interviews with Roger all weekend. (Sirius XM)
    "One pixel can change everything."

I will greatly miss Roger Ebert's movie reviews. I don't normally have much use for critic's but I always respected Ebert because you could tell that he had a genuine love of film. Most critics strike me as pompous and arrogant and seem to really enjoy bashing movies and the people who make them just to gain attention, or are blatant suck ups who heap praise on undeserving films because it is the cool thing to do. But Roger Ebert had a deep love of movies and wasn't afraid to call it like he saw it, whether it went along with the popular opinion or not. Granted, I don't think I ever didn't go see a movie just because he said it was bad, but I watched the Siskel and Ebert show and was a regular reader of his written reviews for so long that I knew how his taste and opinions differed in relation to the kinds of things that I like. I always went to his website every Friday to see what he had to say about the new releases and it will feel strange not to be able to do that anymore. R.I. P. Mr. Ebert.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast