This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could choose another first name?

Default Re: If you could choose another first name?

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I would never, ever change my name. I love it. I have no idea how I'm going to come up with something comparable when I breed.
    Your name is pretty. If you want to stay with the same California mountainous theme, you could always call your daughter "Tenaya", after Lake Tenaya in Yosemite. Can't think of a corresponding boy's name at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    I understand that the question is 'If you could choose another first name?'

But, I don't want to . . .I like my first name and it has a rich history. My mamma had an aunt with the same name as mine, she was thought to be dead but was really locked away by her brother because she was bat-sh!t crazy.

I've done my best to carry on in her honor.

Charlotte
    Now that's a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Always like the sound of "Cecilia".
    I really wanted that name when I was younger! "Evelyn" was such a heavy load to carry around as a child. But it is me and I am it and though I can think of names all day long, I can think of none that are so much me.

I am in the market for a new middle name, however. So feel free to mention some you think might go with my first.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Come on, now, it can't be any worse than mine. Growing up in rural Pennsylvania, out in the sticks, and my Mom comes up with this for me: Dana Bentley!! Seriously?! I asked her once where she came up with this name. She said it just popped in her mind and it sounded right. Dad didn't like it but went along with it. He probably wanted to call me Fred or Dave, something like that. Sounds like it needs 'Lord' in front of the Bentley, right? 'Lord Bentley- Keeper of Time, Space and Dimensions!' See? Guess I'm stuck with it.
    What are you talking about? That is the best thing EVER.

I'm not sure if I like my name or not, but all I know is that it is my name and that's enough for me. Realistically, I can't think of anything else I'd respond to. I'm Jacob.

Maybe I don't have a particularly "eye-popping" name. In fact my first, middle, and last names are all just sort of dull. But I'd have a whole new set of problems if I was named "Megatron Spartacus Dale Earnhardt Eastwood McAwesomeness."

So I think it'd be best for me to stick with Jacob.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtlong View Post
    Maybe I don't have a particularly "eye-popping" name. In fact my first, middle, and last names are all just sort of dull. But I'd have a whole new set of problems if I was named "Megatron Spartacus Dale Earnhardt Eastwood McAwesomeness."

McLovin' for short

I like my first name, but I really did change my middle name a couple years ago. I was named for a loathsome aunt. When I took back my maiden name after a divorce, I requested a new middle name, too. I combined my father's and my stepmother's names and went from Diane to Johanne. They live in the deep south, so they got a kick out of me choosing a "southern" name; they address everything to "Kelley Jo", lol.

Either Rocco or Ringo.

When I was growing up I REALLY hated the name Lois. My real name. I tried going by my middle name, Roberta ( hows that for child abuse ? ) but it never stuck. So I put up with the Supermans girlfriend jokes. Then I started saying it myself. I'd say something like ' you know Supermans girlfriend'. Lo and behold the jokes stopped and I grew into my name and now I really like it. No one ever forgets it either.

I have no idea how I'm going to come up with something comparable when I breed.
    ....breed?....Jeez, that's sexy!!!...c'mon honey-time to pro-create!!...hubba, hubba.....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast