Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
If you could choose another first name? - Page 7

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: If you could choose another first name?

Default Re: If you could choose another first name?

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    David was my brother's name..dad liked davey crockett,and he was a hunter too just like his namesake..
    My mother named me after a soap star named David and also because my uncle's name (her brother) was a David (he was never called that name because my grandfather knew someone he did not like by that name, he and everyone called my uncle by his middle name, Claude).

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    I'm good with first name David, it seems to "fit". Although I never have been crazy about my middle name which is a variation of my father's middle name. If I were to change it, I would try to find something along ancestary lines, and like most people from the Tennessee Appalachian mountains that is Scottish, Irish, and Cherokee Indian.
    I would never choose an ancestral name in my family. I got off lucky being named after my mom's two sisters named Anna. (Yes...she had two sisters named Anna). Other family names are not as pleasant. Including the boys names. And most didn't sound any better in French.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    I would never choose an ancestral name in my family. I got off lucky being named after my mom's two sisters named Anna. (Yes...she had two sisters named Anna). Other family names are not as pleasant. Including the boys names. And most didn't sound any better in French.
    Was that like Newhart's "my brother Darryll, and my other brother Darryll ?

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Gust View Post
    Your name is pretty. If you want to stay with the same California mountainous theme, you could always call your daughter "Tenaya", after Lake Tenaya in Yosemite. Can't think of a corresponding boy's name at the moment...
    I was actually conceived at Mt. Shasta so my family's favorite joke is, "Aren't you glad you weren't conceived at Mt. Baldy?" Huck, huck, huck.

And thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I really wanted that name when I was younger! "Evelyn" was such a heavy load to carry around as a child. But it is me and I am it and though I can think of names all day long, I can think of none that are so much me.

I am in the market for a new middle name, however. So feel free to mention some you think might go with my first.
    There is nothing cuter in the whole world than little girls answering to sophisticated names.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    My mother named me after a soap star named David and also because my uncle's name (her brother) was a David (he was never called that name because my grandfather knew someone he did not like by that name, he and everyone called my uncle by his middle name, Claude).
    Was it David Canary 'Adam Chandler' on All My Children?

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    I miss All My Children.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I miss All My Children.
    Me too! I still have an intense dislike for ABC for cancelling this show! I refuse to watch that cooking show with the four cooks that ABC replaced AMC with. I just can't belive that ABC couldn't just come up with some big disaster storyline and kill off half of the cast to bring the cost of the show down to a more managable budget. I miss Erica, Adam, and all the rest of them!

I think that is right, but it's been so many years since the subject has come up I don't remember exactly.

Me too! I still have an intense dislike for ABC for cancelling this show! I refuse to watch that cooking show with the four cooks that ABC replaced AMC with. I just can't belive that ABC couldn't just come up with some big disaster storyline and kill off half of the cast to bring the cost of the show down to a more managable budget. I miss Erica, Adam, and all the rest of them!
    I do too! I'm glad I still have GH left. So many people watch that stupid The Chew show and I want to punch them.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast