Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Music - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Music

Default Re: Music

oh...it definately does...you dirty ol' rascal you

I had a span of time where I listened to nothing but Christian music. Yes, really, way back from the time I was about 16 until I was in my mid-twenties. I now listen to a wider variety of music. (I'm 52 for the record). If someone says "you should, as a Christian, only listen to Christian music," I know where they're coming from and will say, "If that's the way God is leading you, then that's what you should do."
    I believe the same goes for writing music. Or fiction, poetry, painting, etc.
    I write about vampires (among other things) and am a Christian. Some would have trouble with that. I would have difficulty writing a hard-core sex scene, though. Not sure if I could do it in good conscience. So where's the line of what I will and won't write? I'd like to think if I'm going too far, the Holy Spirit will nudge me. I've tried writing Christian fiction a few times but it's always come across weak and preachy. If I could do it like Frank Peretti or Jerry Jenkins, I'd write Christian fiction all day long. I do better (though not great) when writing about vampires, strange dreams, or parallel universes.
    Only you can say what you can and cannot write music and sing about. If you're a Christian and you feel a strong internal prompt to hold up before proceeding, then check it out.
    By the way, several of the Christian leaders who I learned from in the years I was extremely strict on myself, those who preached hardest about "good Christians do these things.... good Christians don't do these things....." ended up being in moral scandals. Several, but not all. Billy Graham has always been solid. Love him or hate him, Jerry Falwell was solid morally, even though he stuck his foot in his mouth more than once. Others (who shall remain nameless here) preached one thing and secretly lived another.
    Wow, that's called getting off the subject.
    Don't purposely avoid writing controversial lyrics, but don't go out of your way to offend people, either. Listen to some Christian metal to get ideas as well.

falwell ??

solid morally ?!?

i guess...if the only version of morality is the far right christian version he espoused...all others, in his view, would be damned to hell

sorry, cannot agree; the bible is not open only to one interpretation...

just my humble o'

Solid morally as in he didn't preach "thou shalt not commit adultery" while having an affair or seeing prostitutes on the side.

When I was a kid, I used to think "adultery" mean acting like a grown up.

krikey, UL...if the were the case...guess most of us have achieved that (thou shalt not commit ...)

sorry if i misinterpeted, DS...

hmmmm...from a certain POV, i can kinda understand that...however, if there's one thing in life that is certain it is that most things are uncertain: let's not forget, he gave us the...ahem...moral majority...and is one of the guys who tried to tell us that, because we didn't follow his sort of thinking thinking, we got (and deserved) 9/11...a punishment from god...

there's bad...then there's bad...in the end, it is all just a bunch of hyper-judgemental blatherings from where i stand

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!

Quote Originally Posted by nygene40 View Post
    Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!
    We get it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast