This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm saddened.

Default Re: I'm saddened.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Gust View Post
    I believe the office itself carries a certain amount of respect and dignity, regardless of the holder, in democratic and humane countries. I understand public figures are game for intense scrutiny and criticism. I also understand some people have negative opinions of Mrs. Thatcher and they definitely have the right to express them. It just seems to me like a total lack of class to be gleefully celebrating her death and saying vulgar, horrible things about her. Trust me, I was not her biggest fan but I believe it all boils down to human decency.
    It goes a fair bit beyond negative opinions. Quite a few of the people celebrating her death had friends and family who were killed, sickened, or impoverished by Thatcher's policies. If it's a matter of decency, then all policy-makers should currently be on notice: If you want to be treated decently at your passing, then treat people decently while you're alive.

I really wish I knew enough about the policies to make an intelligent comment..I do agree the nasty things being posted on facebook,especially as the US goes through the gun issue,are disconcerting..I have friends who post stuff that is just way over the top,and wonder how we got to this point of hate and disrespect..being a union member,I don't like the thought of union busting at all,as I believe people should be able to make a living wage without having to work two or three part time jobs with no benefits..funny,I just saw a movie(and the book is great as well) on amc called the How Green Was My Valley,which dealt directly with this kind of issue..may not agree with the lady's policy as far as work related issues,but can wish RIP to a soul,whoever they are..

i fully understand why so many do not like her or her policies/politics...

however, as so many have pointed out, there is a gutteral level of boorishness that pervades almost everything these days...

and it behooves us all to be better than your below average, everday lowlife, layabout, riffraff, cellardwelling scum...

but...enough talk about politicians...

goodnight and godspeed, maggie...hope you've found peace

Godspeed Margret Thatcher. I do not agree with how you saw the world. I think that your politics were dangerous and mistaken. I do however think that you lived your life to leave the world better than you found it.
    Thank you for your efforts and may we meet in the clearing one day so that we may argue intelligently, agree to disagree agreeably, you know.
    Say hi to John D for me.

And this is why I like this site. We can agree to disagree RESPECTFULLY. Without intimidating.

...she stuck to HER "guns"...tough lady in turbulent times, and no-she was as reviled as revered, but still deserves respect...certain mobs of humans are complete douchewads...

She was the Queen before Elizabeth right?

Quote Originally Posted by unclelouie View Post
    She was the Queen before Elizabeth right?
    History not your strong point, louie?

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    History not your strong point, louie?

It is... but apparently humor is not... least not today.

May she rest in peace.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast