This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about new Carrie film

Default Re: Question about new Carrie film

Say what you will but nothing will top the book.

The first Carrie movie was a lot better than Kubrick's Shining, though.

Default Re: Question about new Carrie film

Quote Originally Posted by madoran View Post
    Say what you will but nothing will top the book.

The first Carrie movie was a lot better than Kubrick's Shining, though.
    You speak true. Two different directors and two different styles. I remember walking out of the theater the first time I saw The Shining and being royally p*ssed off because Kubrick didn't even follow the book! But, years later and after watching it multiple times, I have come to love what Kubrick did in his adaption. Each scene is lovingly shot and very well thought out. There is no 'filler' in this film. I look at it as a Kubrick film and basically nothing to do with the book. It really is a haunting and stylish horror film. Could've used some different casting (IMHO) as Nicholson comes off as crazy from the get-go and Duvall is asleep thruout the film (he was Hollywood's biggest star at the time and she was the 'It' actress after gaining attention from her previous two films), but the kid is fantastic, as is Scatman. If you watch it again, pay attention to the hypnotic quality thruout, like when Danny is riding his three-wheeler thru the halls. It really is a great film!
    Last edited by kingricefan; August 2nd, 2013 at 02:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12