This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One new Stephen King fan from Transylvania!

Default Re: One new Stephen King fan from Transylvania!

There's Bran Castle....

...and Poenari Citadel.....

...I think it's the second one. It's just as scary-high as Bran.

P.S. Kurt Barlow is a character from Mr. King's 'Salem's Lot. I think you'll find him interesting.

The castle that the advertisement speaks about is the one in Bistrița (in the middle of Transylvania). That castle still has the room in which Dracula is supposed to had slept in. In there is his coffin and the walls are all covered with paintings that describe pieces of his sinister life. That room is underground!

The second castle (more like ruins) is not the one I am talking about. This is the one that actually has Dracula's room:

The castle has been transformed trough the years into a hotel, but it still keeps some of his initial charm.

This is on my bucket list. Bet yer fur.

Welcome to the boards.

A Stephen King fan from Transylvania. Enough said. Did you read Salems' Lot? I just started again and had forgotten how great it is.

Again, Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by RuxiC View Post
    I've learned about Vlad Țepeș in school, but we do not speak about characters from a horror novel who might be realted to him, you know. I really can't say.
    Cool. Do the schools there teach much about Radu Negru and Árpád?

Quote Originally Posted by RuxiC View Post
    The second castle (more like ruins) is not the one I am talking about. This is the one that actually has Dracula's room:

The castle has been transformed trough the years into a hotel, but it still keeps some of his initial charm.
    Ahhhhhh.....I never knew of a third castle with Dracula stories related to it! Very interesting. Is it close to where you live in Transylvania?
    (What town in Transylvania are you from? Your English is very good for a high school student!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Cool. Do the schools there teach much about Radu Negru and Árpád?
    I can say we learn about important personalities that changed the history of our country, either by their cruelty or by their deeds. However, what we learn in school is not that interesting as you may think it is. Not at all. School is school everywhere, boring and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    Ahhhhhh.....I never knew of a third castle with Dracula stories related to it! Very interesting. Is it close to where you live in Transylvania?
    (What town in Transylvania are you from? Your English is very good for a high school student!)
    Actually, yes. It is pretty close to where I live.

P.S. In my high school, I take four English classes per week. So you need to know how to deal with it if you want to pass the class.

Hi, I am from Constanta, a city placed on the Black Sea coast of Romania.
    It is a beautiful place and its gorgeous in the summer when the weather is perfect enough to lay on the beach while enjoying the breeze and getting a nice tan or swimming in the sea.
    But Romania has a lot of amazing landscapes because of its varied landforms offering a great diversity in scenery.
    I can say I am fascinated by science fiction stories and Dracula is one of them. What is even more interesting is knowing that a real story of a man that actually existed in the XIV century, inspired the existence of what is known today as Dracula.
    The true story of Vlad Tepes (aka Dracula nowadays) is equally exciting being full with extraordinarily thrilling and I believe that knowing the true roots of details behind the myths we can easily understand, perceive and enjoy a science fiction story better.
    My oppinion is that each myth or SF story has some truth in it, from which the story truly developed nourished as well by the writerby imagination as well

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast