Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Who needs sleep anyhow? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who needs sleep anyhow?

Default Re: Who needs sleep anyhow?

I usually have hard time getting to sleep but wake up easily. So I find things to read quietily as not to wake hubby or son. as their day starts early.

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

I'm usually a pretty good sleeper, unless I'm really stressed or sick or something like that. When my kids were babies, I'd wake up in an instant if they were moving around and starting to wake up, I guess that was my maternal instincts or something. These last couple of weeks, we've been adding a front and back porch to our house and the workers get started as soon as my two older kids get on the bus to school. I usually go back to sleep once they've gone to school, because my two little ones are still snoozin' and I don't waste the chance to extra zzzzzz's and I've been able to sleep even with all the hammering going on, even right in front of my bedroom. My husband says I'm crazy and how can I sleep with all that noise? I don't know, but when I'm tired, I can sleep through anything. If it happens that I can't sleep for some reason, I'll read until I get sleepy, or if it's morning, then I'll start the day anyway, when the sun's up, I find it hard to sleep anymore.

I've been waking up early pretty consistently here lately. If I don't feel like getting up yet, I'll pull my kindle out. One of my most favorite things about it is the light, that allows me to read and not disturb my husband by turning on my lamp. Or I'll get up and come upstairs, and watch some tv.

I frequently have problems with insomnia. It sucks big-big. The only thing I've found that is at all effective is sleeping on boats. Even the engine noise doesn't usually bother me there!

Pats, don't let Itty Bitty Kitty run you ragged. You're The Boss, not his Instant Playmate at 2:00 AM. Tell him NO and mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    Pats, don't let Itty Bitty Kitty run you ragged. You're The Boss, not his Instant Playmate at 2:00 AM. Tell him NO and mean it.
    I can't holler, not even a little bit, when he's purring and cuddling. Can't do it. But when he decides I am a cat toy, and he starts clawing and biting I can say NO like I mean it, because I do.
    I wised up last night when he started playing rough with me and put this cat toy contraption by my bed so when he started acting like a tiny terrorist I told him "NO" like I meant it and I stuck him down on the floor by it. Then he forgot how much fun it is to bite my hands, feet, hands, eye brows, nose, ears, hair etc. and focused on conquering the universe on the floor.
    Yes, and I remember what you said about not using my hands as cat toys, very astute advice.
    The cat contraption has a crinkly plastic base with these wiry things sticking out of the center, the wiry things have little toys with feathers, tiny bells and yes... balls attached to them.
    When the cat steps on the base the wires bounce and it's on. He loves that thing. It makes a little noise but it's not too terribly annoying...
    Pearl is laughing. See there Sport, hope you're happy, she says. We need a baby kitty, and he's so cute, she says. Actually she has come around and is digging him a lot. Thank goodness.
    None the less I am up at 4 this morning. The tiny cat alarm didn't wake me up. I woke him up HA!
    I fell asleep at about 7 last night so now I'm starting a chicken's schedule.
    That's OK this week seeing as how I am on the inventory team this weekend, 6-2 shifts so it'll work out.
    He'll grow out of this playful like a crazy thing soon. It's very cute during the day, not so much at 2 a.m.
    Last edited by Patricia A; April 12th, 2013 at 07:33 AM. Reason: It's my prerogative.

...I work Third Shift...so I'm pretty much a hollow-eyed overgrown zombie most days...and I haven't had in a day off in like two weeks......ooooooooo, the colors are so pretty...LOOK! a squirrel!!!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I work Third Shift...so I'm pretty much a hollow-eyed overgrown zombie most days...and I haven't had in a day off in like two weeks......ooooooooo, the colors are so pretty...LOOK! a squirrel!!!!.....
    Awww, GG. Hugs. I worked third shift for a while when I worked at the hospital many years ago and thought I'd die of sleepiness. I was tired ALL OF THE TIME. I changed shifts as soon as there was an opening. I can't do it anymore. I shudder at the thought. I also shudder to think of no days off work for two weeks. I hope you are at least getting overtime.
    ((((Scott))))

...yeah, the money am good...but my complexion has gone to hell....

LongTallSally Guest

I am in the process of trying to learn to sleep more. My sleep patterns went to hell and back with the shiite I lived through before I got away from the 'hole. I spent a year and a half getting four or five hours a night. I'm up to about six now with only a few weeks of 'sleep hygiene'. In other words, I exercise earlier in the day and deliberately do things to unwind in the evening instead of riding the wave all night.

Of course, the dog also blows my sleep to hell once in a while, too. She runs in her sleep and when her paws are already pressed to your spine and THAT starts, it's guaranteed... you're wakin' up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast