This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal Eating Quirks?

Default Re: Personal Eating Quirks?

I mix my spaghetti w/the sauce & meat in a pot before eating it...have been told that is not kosher...plus, I break the spaghetti into shorter lengths before cooking it, say 2-3". But everyone who has had my spaghetti has enjoyed it.
    Looks like I'm not the only one who likes grilled cheese and jam. See above.
    I put (as do others) ketchup on my pasty...same w/pork pies...
    I eat "muckadah" and by golly, I enjoy it...comes from yay ago, the old man, you're going to eat your muckadah and by golly, you're going to enjoy it. While he sits at the table w/the appearance of an offensive lineman determined to protect the quarterback...or in this case, the cook, him.

muckadah is ring baloney.
    But...I cheat...I use ketchup.

I like to dip my french fries in mayonnaise. I will also dip them in a Frosty at Wendy's but haven't done that in years.
    I cannot eat coconut. It's like someone trimmed their finger- and toenails and sprinkled them on the cake or whatever...can't stand the texture or flavor.
    Tomatoes look like they're still in the larval stage--too many seeds and gelatinous pieces of goo to eat without regurgitating.
    When I was little, I would mix vanilla ice cream, a little milk, granulated sugar and Nestle's Quick into a thick paste and glory in all that gritty goodness while watching Batman on TV!

Oh man! I will never look at coconut the same way again. I used to feel that way about rice. Thought it looked like maggots.

french fries and gravy.
    Crackers crushed and soggy.
    French fries and fried potatoes both must have the skins on.

LongTallSally Guest

I don't crumble or soak my crackers. I dip them in the hot soup then eat them while they are still crisp and the soup on the outside is still hot.

French fries with cheese sauce.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by danie View Post
    Tomatoes look like they're still in the larval stage--too many seeds and gelatinous pieces of goo to eat without regurgitating.
    I know several people who feel the same way about tomatoes. I love them, however. I like coconut too but you may have ruined it for me.

Jello. Hell no. And rice pudding. Feels like I threw up in my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I know several people who feel the same way about tomatoes. I love them, however. I like coconut too but you may have ruined it for me.
    Oops, sorry about that. But, seriously. Think about it. Who want a big ol' toenail in his mouth? Just leave that coconut off, please.

Quote Originally Posted by danie View Post
    Oops, sorry about that. But, seriously. Think about it. Who want a big ol' toenail in his mouth? Just leave that coconut off, please.
    I do! If it's coconut-flavored.

Coconut is one of those things people either love or hate. I don't know anyone who's indifferent.

As far as soup and crackers, I dip. I mix corn (and sometimes green beans, peas and carrots) with my mashed potatoes and gravy, and with my poppy seed chicken and hamburger helper.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast