Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I wonder how long it will take...

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder how long it will take...

Default I wonder how long it will take...

...for people to get tired of stories like this?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/gi...ft.php?ref=fpb

Because clearly 5 year olds are mature enough to handle deadly weapons. They aren't even allowed to cut with metal scissors yet in school. .-.

Default Re: I wonder how long it will take...

My granddaddy's little brother shot him with a shotgun when they were just tiny little things. He told the story of his brother saying, "I'm not afraid of Daddy's Big Boom-Boom! Boom-Boom's not loaded!"

BANG!

Had a calcified pellet of birdshot lodged in his appendix until he died at 78.

Heartbreaking. What an awful story. That's all I can say.

I would have charged the parents with negligent manslaughter.

Sad. I am pretty sure even the most avid gun owners wouldn't think giving one to a kindergartner and letting him have open access to it is a good idea. That family will be torn up by this. Not to mention that poor kid.

I have to be honest, living in England, you don't hear about half as much gun crime as a lot of other places in the world (don't get me wrong, we do definitely have gun crime and recently I've been hearing about a lot more of it, quite scarily very local to where I live) so this kind of story I just cannot comprehend. Why would you give a child a gun? Especially a child that young. It's honestly something I will never be able to understand regardless of the reasoning behind it. A child should not be in possession of any kind of weapon in my opinion. It's just wrong.

just...damned....sad....

how pathetic...the hell these parents will walk is one of thier own making

just gotta love that part where it's dismissively mentioned that the damned thing was just lying about in the corner...loaded...no one ever even checked...

and, just as obviously, they taught him real well on how to not point it at people...

...horrible, just horrible....even I as a gun nut, I feel 5 is way to young...and if they were trying to teach the child the basics of firearms responsibility-it was an epic fail...Lord keep and protect the little one's soul and help her sibling deal with the lifelong guilt...

Prayers for all who now need to live with this. Prayers for the soul of the wee one. Prayers for parental enlightenment.

A five-year-old should be gaining proficiency with capguns, super-soakers, and Nerf products. What in the hell were these people thinking?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast