This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Horror Of Kermit Gosnell

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Default Re: The Horror Of Kermit Gosnell

Yeah I can imagine women in that area were standin' round the block wantin' to make withdraws at the local sperm bank, practically beggin' to get knocked up, just so they could lay down some fat dough to abort late term in that stellar of a local reputation urine soaked bloody pigsty by a greedy greasy predator/dopeslinger.
    Well I could try that is, that is if I attempting to imagine them actually wanting to, so I guess in all actuality I really can't, but probably only because I won't even try, so I reckon that's on me.

Damn, that is heinous. SCARY monster, that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    Well, I guess because the babies were visible makes a difference.
    No, it makes a difference that they were viable.

This is exactly what happens when safe, affordable abortions for EARLY in the pregnancy are unavailable. And we are headed for more of the same. This is what all the crazy right-wing regulations will get us. The women who went to this monster were desperate. They could not have these babies and, for some reason (pro-birth movement, anyone?) they could not access safe, affordable abortions when they should have been done.

This is what things were like before Roe v. Wade and how it will be again if the pro-birth crowd has their way. In fact, most of the regulations we've seen pushed in the states are a direct result of this case. But the wrong conclusion has been drawn. Because of the abhorrent nature of this case, it may seem like restrictions are the remedy, but a bit of critical thinking will lead one to the truth. The more restrictions placed between a desperate woman and a safe procedure, the more late-term abortions there will be. Just as the more restrictions that are placed on contraceptives, the more desperate women there will be. This piece lays it out quite well.

Here is where the pro-birth agenda fails so miserably: they are against contraception. How stupid is that?! The thing that will cut down on the other thing they despise yet they block it at every turn. So much ignorance and arrogance.

This man is a monster, there is no question of that. But the women who came to him came as a last resort when they were ignored and rebuked. When they were screamed at in clinic parking lots. When they were called horrible names by self-righteous people who didn't know them or their circumstances. It comes down to this: abortion is a protected right, no less so than any other right to privacy of our persons. This is NOT a theocracy. We don't make laws according to religion, any religion. This, then, is the only argument that should ever be considered: is it religious in nature? If it is, then there should be no law EVER concerning it save to make it easier to exercise those rights.

I hope Kermit Gosnell burns in a hell of his own making. But, as the right continues to make it impossible to obtain a safe and timely abortion, we will surely see more like him. God/dess help us.
    The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect/The way you live, the gifts that you give/In the fullness of time/It's the only return that you expect

all good thoughts, tery...too bad one cretin like this will make all of the cogent, reasonable thinking needed that much more difficult to be at play on this sensitive issue

much like when the far right nearly cornered the conversation on exactly what a late term abortion might mean/be like, during the clinton years...i've no doubt there are plans being drawn up by the anti-choice crowd to utilize this horror to thier political advantage

and, considering alot of the...ahem...cough-cough...laws passed lately...the idea that we are not supposed to be a theocracy is slowly slipping away...

of course, to be fair...i'm sure this drip-drip-drip down the drain of individual rights must be the fault of both parties...of both the left as well as the right....

even thought the far right is the only group actively working at curtailing womens healthcare and religious rights, on a wide variety of levels, for some time...

It seems that the line between abortion and infanticide is getting blurry.

ah...no..........it's not...

man.....did i call that one...didn't take long, at all....

sad..........

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    It seems that the line between abortion and infanticide is getting blurry.
    They're not the same thing.
    From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Definition of infanticide:
    noun
    1 [mass noun] the crime of a mother killing her child within a year of birth: cases of infanticide often involve extreme emotional disturbance

the practice in some societies of killing unwanted children soon after birth: female infanticide was practised to reduce the population in times of famine

2a person who kills an infant, especially their own child.

Derivatives:
    infanticidal
    Pronunciation: /-ˈsʌɪd(ə)l/
    adjective
    Origin: mid 17th century: via French from late Latin infanticidium, from Latin infant- (see infant) + -cidium (see -cide)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    They're not the same thing.
    From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Definition of infanticide:
    noun
    1 [mass noun] the crime of a mother killing her child within a year of birth: cases of infanticide often involve extreme emotional disturbance

the practice in some societies of killing unwanted children soon after birth: female infanticide was practised to reduce the population in times of famine

2a person who kills an infant, especially their own child.

Derivatives:
    infanticidal
    Pronunciation: /-ˈsʌɪd(ə)l/
    adjective
    Origin: mid 17th century: via French from late Latin infanticidium, from Latin infant- (see infant) + -cidium (see -cide)
    What did the doctor do after the babies were aborted??? 'Snipped' their spinal cord: and that's not infanticide?

i do not want to put words in your mouth, haunted...but the briefness of your note would indicate a line of thinking that would equate the horrible event of which we've all been reading, wherein a dr., seemingly, has gone ...well...berzerk or something...with all the everyday legal practices of medicine that the other 99.99999% of doctors who work in the field of womens medical health that utilize abortion practices for a wide variety of reasons function....

in short...you seem to be throwing in all dr.s who perform any abortions with this cretin....

maybe a little clarification would help us understand what it is you actually meant...

otherwise, sorry for the imposition

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast