This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Senate Bill 19

Default Re: Senate Bill 19

Seems those in Boston want to bring back the death penalty. Why not just ship mean dogs into space? Place them in an envelope, seal it up, and mail them off to God. I don't see what the sense is in releasing jam-bangers time and time again to prey on those who wish to live peacefully. Fugue em. Nuke em till they glow.

We are not safe from killers here in Canada. This piece of trash is here in Edmonton. Hang em all!

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/04/1...ed-from-prison

.... ....um...remind to agree with you..always, staro

jimson2 Guest

I'm thinking that cases that were decided before the advent of such things as DNA testing should possibly be commuted to life, but I don't put the death penalty on the same level as murder of an innocent ​human being.

I believe that it is a deterrent, because there are no cases of a convict escaping prison and raping or killing anyone else after they have been executed.

I also think it should be expanded to those with more than one rape conviction, and as Guido said, there is Justin Beiber.

As far as what Delaware does? That's their business.

I feel that the death penalty is proper and fitting for certain crimes, provided the evidence is undoubtable.

i like that, jims...and can we add more than one child molestation conviction ?

only the scum of the earth prey on children...

jimson2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    i like that, jims...and can we add more than one child molestation conviction ?

only the scum of the earth prey on children...
    Absolutely, I'd like to say on the first conviction, but you can rest pretty sure that multiple offenses preclude the possibility of of an error.

Quote Originally Posted by jimson2 View Post
    Absolutely, I'd like to say on the first conviction, but you can rest pretty sure that multiple offenses preclude the possibility of of an error.
    I can see the logic in that. As hard as it is, I can't see the DP even for revenge. The only reason the DP act as a deterrent is because when the criminal is dead, the criminal is unable to commit more crimes. The recent cases whereby inmates have been freed due to new evidence has given me pause to consider the DP. I would hate to be a person condemned to die for something I didn't do.
    Revenge satisfies no one. People I have known have related to me that after the convicted criminal is executed, there remains an emptiness that the execution can't erase and it's not necessarily an emptiness because of missing the crime victim that was killed.
    Of course an emotionless, methodical execution would be the ideal, but I opine that we should feel remorse when we are forced to execute someone. The alternative (to feeling remorse) is not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...well, here goes....you thinks it's stupid...but most who hold that opinion have never seen the havoc wrought by those convicted and sentenced to die...I know that many will disagree with me, and that's OK-and yes, I work in Corrections...but I felt this way before I wallowed in the daily life of inmates...death is to good for them, and because of our screwed up judicial system-takes way to long to be meted out...putting a burden on taxpayers, the facilities, staff etc...and no closure for the families...I'm am unswervingly in the camp of "an eye for an eye"...case in point-here in my hometown, a colleague of mine was brutally raped by her boyfriend, and afterward..he showed her the body of her son, whom he had savagely murdered....he's still awiting his death date...believe me, I would be more than happy to pinch hit for the Grim Reaper...so while I respect your opinion....I will never ever agree with it...
    While I don't really disagree with you, the only thing I worry about is making sure those convicted are 100% guilty. Mistakes can't be taken back i that case.

...sure, I don't advocate shoddy legal work-I know mistakes have been made on other cases...but this one seems pretty ironclad...due diligence is all I ask...that and justice for the victims...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast