This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Foreign or Domestic:

Default Re: Foreign or Domestic:

The far-left and far-right seem miles apart, but as history has taught us about the far-left Communists and far-right Nazis, they use similar tactics and the differences grow hazy.

jimson2 Guest

It's worse than irresponsible to speculate with no information. It's harmful.

Remember the last time? This stuff is still out there.

AZ Sheriff Correctly Places Complicity Of Right Wing Media Over Rep Gifford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOj2hC1GWCg

Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot - Sarah Palin BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS!

Violent Rhetoric Trickles Down From Right-Wing, Unlike Tax Cuts; Gabrielle G

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N7GslXItW8
    Last edited by Dana Jean; April 17th, 2013 at 05:25 PM. Reason: removed link to inappropriate material

When Todash called me and mentioned the bombings, their location, and the event that was occurring (I was learning about doggy play groups and their uses with shelter dogs and hadn't heard) I instantly said it sounded homegrown.

Patriot's Day seems to be specific to Boston (I may be wrong), so I suspect it's some disgruntled loony who is either native to or living in Boston wanting to make some statement or another.

This has a very homegrown feel to me as well, as if someone wanted to, ahem, "start a revolution" on Patriot's Day (the shot heard 'round the world, ya know?), but of course it might well be one perpetrator who simply wanted to cause destruction without a political aim.

Here is something different about this attack that doesn't seem to apply to previous ones (foreign or domestic): there's nothing governmental about the Boston marathon. It is not a Federal building. It's nothing to do with the government. It's a celebration of human achievement. That makes the bombing especially repugnant, I think. It's a strike against ... what? People who achieve a lot through hard work?

I hope they find the guy, whoever he is, and I hope that when the coward goes to shoot himself as they close in, his gun refuses to fire, first, so the complete truth (or as close to it as we can get) comes out, and second (because I am not entirely above being vindictive), so he can rot, rot, rot in prison, with no hope of freedom, EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    People who achieve a lot through hard work?
    This is what really bothers me too. My neighbor who you guys tried to help me track down tried to qualify for the marathon for FIVE years. She finally gets in and it's destroyed.

She's a neurotic wreck so I thought she'd fold after this but all she can talk about is how hard she's going to work so she can go back next year.

This person did the absolute opposite of what he intended - people are fighting back and not backing down. This is what I love about people.

jimson2 Guest

Last edited by Dana Jean; 3 Hours Ago at 04:25 PM. Reason: removed link to inappropriate material

Sorry about that. That profanity laced vid wasn't the same one that I thought it was.

my instinct is that it may very well be domestic...

on one hand, i hope that is wrong: it'd be far easier, on the whole, to have yet another far away foe...drop a few bombs...drone atack a few bad guys...win win, right

but if it is local...it means we may have a far more serious problem brewing...

either way....if the last, most current news i saw is Any indication...we might know something soon...

last i saw...they were on to a possible subject...

jimson2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    my instinct is that it may very well be domestic...

on one hand, i hope that is wrong: it'd be far easier, on the whole, to have yet another far away foe...drop a few bombs...drone atack a few bad guys...win win, right
    I hope you are wrong as well. Not so much for the bomb and drone stuff you mentioned, but I would just be more sickened by the betrayal of Americans indiscriminately killing other Americans.

...homegrown hate is my guess...and from someone(s) not affiliated with any particular group or cause.....

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

M-O-O-N, that spells howler...flavor, unimportant.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast