Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I can't find a quiet place to read! - Page 5

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I can't find a quiet place to read!

Default Re: I can't find a quiet place to read!

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    Having been on both the giving and receiving ends of this... I give you my condolences--and also my Great Sage Wisdom: ( ) enjoy the free stuff, cooked meals, clean washing and unconditional love whilst it still rains down upon you. It will be missed.
    I try but I doubt that I will miss all that. I mainly do all the clean washing, cooking, and other chores. And unconditional love don't seem to be the case here. They are not your everyday nice parents that's for sure And of course with all that paranormal show crap they keep watching which gets them obsessive over religious things and other I dunno, maybe it's time for me to look for a place. I surely doubt I will miss any than especially when it's not there. You should see how bad they get. I'm actually to tell you the truth, looking for a place which I'm glad because I can get a break from that stuff.

Well, I'm the first one who'll agree with you that too much togetherness with family ain't always a good thing. If you're not happy there, absolutely you should find a place of your own!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletal_Dragon View Post
    I try but I doubt that I will miss all that. I mainly do all the clean washing, cooking, and other chores. And unconditional love don't seem to be the case here. They are not your everyday nice parents that's for sure And of course with all that paranormal show crap they keep watching which gets them obsessive over religious things and other I dunno, maybe it's time for me to look for a place. I surely doubt I will miss any than especially when it's not there. You should see how bad they get. I'm actually to tell you the truth, looking for a place which I'm glad because I can get a break from that stuff.
    I'm very sorry to hear that, yes--going out on your own will probably do you wonders then. Best of luck to you.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Yes . . . it certainly is a shame that it's no longer quiet at the library, if it ever really was, but the level of inconsideration the cell phone hath wrought in our society has gone far beyond disturbing. Everyone is in their own little world and saints preserve you if you dare interrupt all the very important "social networking" going on.

And not for nuthin' (and not to hijack the thread), but there's something else disappearing from your local library at an even more alarming rate:

Books!

(have you noticed?)

Quote Originally Posted by Pucker View Post
    Yes . . . it certainly is a shame that it's no longer quiet at the library, if it ever really was, but the level of inconsideration the cell phone hath wrought in our society has gone far beyond disturbing. Everyone is in their own little world and saints preserve you if you dare interrupt all the very important "social networking" going on.

And not for nuthin' (and not to hijack the thread), but there's something else disappearing from your local library at an even more alarming rate:

Books!

(have you noticed?)
    The dwindling number of books, loud voices, too bright lighting, computers, people on waitlists to use computers... I've stopped going to my local public library. The university library, however, is still a great place to find a quiet nook to sit and read, especially on the upper floors. Someone already posted this suggestion and it's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie View Post
    I tend to read in my University Library. 3rd and 4th floors are quiet floors, and on the 4th floor I pull a chair into the government documents section. No one goes there for whatever reason...
    That's an interesting idea, I will search out a university library, where students care about life and peace and solitude and intellectual pursuits.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    Having been on both the giving and receiving ends of this... I give you my condolences--and also my Great Sage Wisdom: ( ) enjoy the free stuff, cooked meals, clean washing and unconditional love whilst it still rains down upon you. It will be missed.
    I agree with this, but also think its important to have independence and a sense of your own space.

Quote Originally Posted by Pucker View Post

Books!

(have you noticed?)
    I ENDORSE THIS MESSAGE WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

I don't mind having a little noise going on in the background when I read. I have a more difficult time concentrating when things are too quiet.

Our local public library requests that cell phones be silenced while inside. I can't think of a time I've been there and heard a phone ring.
    I didn't know how good I have it, until I read this thread.

Yeah, people are talking loudly now as a I type this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast