Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Why I'm a conspiracy theorist... - Page 11

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why I'm a conspiracy theorist...

Default Re: Why I'm a conspiracy theorist...

Way I see it, anything's open to conspiracy. Unless you were THERE (and sometimes not even then), how can anyone really know what the truth is? It annoys the heck out of me when folks want to shoot a theorist down and label him/her a nutjob--such reasoning impies an elitist, know-it-all attitude. I don't care how many books a person reads about any subject--rehashing something you've READ does not make it truth. You're a fool if you think so.

Oh sure, the majority of conspiracy theorists ARE nutjobs, but it begs credulity to write off EVERY person who takes their information with a grain of salt. Anyone who never questions their own government, to me, is a REAL nutjob. As for the Kennedy deal, I've never really known what to believe, and to tell the truth, I don't care. I don't obsess about it, but I keep an open mind. But I will say this, if Oswald did act alone, that was some amazing shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by muskrat View Post
    Way I see it, anything's open to conspiracy. Unless you were THERE (and sometimes not even then), how can anyone really know what the truth is? It annoys the heck out of me when folks want to shoot a theorist down and label him/her a nutjob--such reasoning impies an elitist, know-it-all attitude. I don't care how many books a person reads about any subject--rehashing something you've READ does not make it truth. You're a fool if you think so.

Oh sure, the majority of conspiracy theorists ARE nutjobs, but it begs credulity to write off EVERY person who takes their information with a grain of salt. Anyone who never questions their own government, to me, is a REAL nutjob. As for the Kennedy deal, I've never really known what to believe, and to tell the truth, I don't care. I don't obsess about it, but I keep an open mind. But I will say this, if Oswald did act alone, that was some amazing shooting.
    There's Conspiracy Theorists, then there's nutjobs. Second Shooter vs. Reptilians.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

What complicates matters is that when the government wants to discredit someone, they always play the nut card. They have all of the resources to publicly turn anyone into a nut or alcoholic or a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    What complicates matters is that when the government wants to discredit someone, they always play the nut card. They have all of the resources to publicly turn anyone into a nut or alcoholic or a communist.
    Such as?

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    This is true...see post #37. I don't doubt there are likely other instances. Maybe not so much the "nut card"...but that the CIA tried to muddy the waters seems like what they do.

There have been conspiracies in history. For example, the assassination of Abraham Lincoln involved a conspiracy. Watergate was a conspiracy. I don't think anyone can argue against the concept of conspiracies per se. However, conspiracies are proven by evidence of such. Not just because they are possibilities. Almost anything is possible. It's possible that Lincoln didn't give the Gettysburg address and that event was fabricated for some reason. None of us was there to confirm it happened. But that is not the best way to reach reasoned conclusions about events. In this case the evidence points toward Oswald. I haven't seen any credible evidence of a conspiracy. If any existed, I would be the first to say there was a conspiracy just like in the Lincoln assassination. There is no pro or anti-conspiracy agenda, but simply what the evidence tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    There have been conspiracies in history. For example, the assassination of Abraham Lincoln involved a conspiracy. Watergate was a conspiracy. I don't think anyone can argue against the concept of conspiracies per se. However, conspiracies are proven by evidence of such. Not just because they are possibilities. Almost anything is possible. It's possible that Lincoln didn't give the Gettysburg address and that event was fabricated for some reason. None of us was there to confirm it happened. But that is not the best way to reach reasoned conclusions about events. In this case the evidence points toward Oswald. I haven't seen any credible evidence of a conspiracy. If any existed, I would be the first to say there was a conspiracy just like in the Lincoln assassination. There is no pro or anti-conspiracy agenda, but simply what the evidence tell us.
    Okay. But I still say Lizzie Bordon was innocent.

Okay. But I still say Lizzie Bordon was innocent.
    I always wondered if King modeled Dolores Claiborne a bit on Lizzie Borden. A tough New England woman with an axe to grind with her family. Even Kathy Bates couldn't top Elizabeth Montgomery's nude axe attack scene, though, from the 70's TV movie. Whoever thought that up was a genius. Old Samantha did a great job in that role. She was perfect for it. The last scene was genuinely creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I always wondered if King modeled Dolores Claiborne a bit on Lizzie Borden. A tough New England woman with an axe to grind with her family. Even Kathy Bates couldn't top Elizabeth Montgomery's nude axe attack scene, though, from the 70's TV movie. Whoever thought that up was a genius. Old Samantha did a great job in that role. She was perfect for it. The last scene was genuinely creepy.

Actually, he'd told me he was thinking of his mother (other than the murdering part) when he came up with the Dolores Claiborne character. It was his mother's strength of character and going on even when things seemed against her that was the biggest part of what made it into Dolores and probably to a lesser degree her humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Actually, he'd told me he was thinking of his mother (other than the murdering part) when he came up with the Dolores Claiborne character.

He said that?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast