Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Time to get ripped, in shape, and heavier. - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Time to get ripped, in shape, and heavier.

Default Re: Time to get ripped, in shape, and heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by if-so-Grrl View Post
    Yeah, it certainly is possible to over do it. but THIS:

Oh myyy...

...I got nothin' but big forearms and uhhh, a big..........

Quote Originally Posted by mustangclaire View Post
    And remember.... not ALL of us ladies like loadsa loadsa muscle... I'm not a lover of it myself, though others will disagree!!
    Yep. This. Women are all over the map on what they consider attractive, and never assume that it's related to how they look. By that I mean, for example, that I know women who are larger who prefer men to be larger than them, and I know women of the same size who absolutely adore thin guys. Some women like their guys hairless, some women like a walking shag rug, and some women like it somewhere in between. Same goes for nearly every physical attribute.

Speaking STRICTLY physically, here are the few things that I think most women DO NOT like.
    1. Very over-muscled, like a professional body builder. I know someone must like that, but I've never met a woman who did.
    2. Really short--but this is less of a deal-breaker. I know plenty of short guys who apparently have no problem finding women. It's fairly easily overcome with an attitude of confidence, I think. Not that that is a problem for you.
    3. Really bad hygiene. Everyone defines this differently, and most aren't too picky, but not too many people want to snuggle up next to someone stinky. That being said, there are plenty of women who find the aroma of fresh ("fresh" being the key) sweat on a guy who just got back from work ... appealing.

I don't know why. but Random
    Last edited by not_nadine; April 20th, 2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: i cant ****in spell this week

from modesto, california, now in knoxville, tennessee

Hey everyone. I got a jar of whey protein powder and I have been mixing milk with 2 scoops of it. I have been doing 50 reps up and down, 50 side to side, and 100 with both hands up and down. after I drink a big glass of that whey protein stuff. So far I haven't seen any results. Does it take for this to take effect? I am using a 20 lb dumb bell by the way.

LongTallSally Guest

It takes patience and time. I built my muscles up slowly over several years. Keep on going Dave. You just need to keep on plugging away at it and you will eventually see results.

50 reps of what? Are you doing bicep curls, tricep curls, flies? Mix it up.

Resource for dumbbell exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I'm 6'1" and I don't remember ever weighing 120 pounds.
    I'm 5'7 and I don't remember weighing 120, either.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Young man wants to put on some summer muscle mass, get stretched ripped & fit, ought to think seriously about not only gettin' payed for it, but learnin' some useful skills of all kinds in the process, and landscaping, now that right there is just the perfect job to do all of that, and as it just so happens, it's the perfect time of year
    Or, as my Dad always used to say, "They're hiring where I work!" He retired after 32 years in the United States Marine Corps. Oo-rah, Semper Fi! Obviously it's not for everyone, but they DO churn out some physically fit specimens!

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    3. Really bad hygiene. Everyone defines this differently, and most aren't too picky, but not too many people want to snuggle up next to someone stinky. That being said, there are plenty of women who find the aroma of fresh ("fresh" being the key) sweat on a guy who just got back from work ... appealing.
    This has always been the only deal-breaker for me. I can get behind a guy who's tall or short, fat or thin, but if he's dirty and smelly? NO WAY!!!!

Really, self-confidence is the most attractive thing a guy can have. If he's OK with himself, he's easy and fun to be with. That's not the same thing as being full of yourself. No one likes the guy who thinks he's God's gift to the world. But if he's comfortable in his own (clean) skin, you avoid 90% of the drama.

Good luck!

Just has to have a kind face. A SK book under his arm would not hurt, either.

Does anyone say "ripped" anymore? Hope not.

from modesto, california, now in knoxville, tennessee

50 curls on each arm, 100 with both at the same time (both hands gripping) and 50 on each arm holding the dumb bell with my arm in an L shape, bringing the my hand holding the weight at my heart then extending it back out to my side. Not sure what you call that but I hope it helps. Thank you a lot for that link. I'm gonna try those tomorrow.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast