Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Why people doing this?? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why people doing this??

Default Re: Why people doing this??

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo87 View Post
    I forgot to tell, when I was in elementary school, we had a trash picking day once in a year. All kids in my
    school was given a plastic bag, then we go outside and pick up all trash around the school and area near the school
    I remember that no one of us liked it, but now when I think afterwards we really did a good job.

I also hate when people throw out food from the car window. Latest this morning when I was out and walk with the doggies
    they ate a spoiled hamburger. I thought they just want to sniff and stopped, when I turn my head to see what they're doing
    the hamburger was already in their mouth. To late even if I tried to take it from them.
    Jojo, one of my kids and his mate started something at their primary school (when they were 10 or 11) called The Green Team. They were basically a group of kids that would get together (initially) in their own time and go to local parks, streams and river edges to clean up rubbish and sort it into recycling etc before rubbish collection. The teachers at school saw how dedicated they were and so began supporting them. They started to include fundraising for local native fauna and flora and ended up having people from the bird and forest groups and a local wildlife centre come to their school for talks.
    The group grew to the point where a few representatives now sit in on local council meetings once a month to keep their fingers on the pulse with which areas in our town that are needing the most urgent attention.
    My son has (grown and) moved on to another school now, but he still gets a warm feeling knowing that the group he had helped to create are still doing so much good work in our community.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Awesome..and the children shall lead..

...the asshat gene is strong in many...

I really hate litter. I continiously pick it up in our yard as we live in a busy subdevision and on a corner lot. With 3 schools just down the road .At least one in each direction. I really hate when people throw their wrappers just anywhere.

My part of the beach I live at is a protected wetland. There is a little league field area right on the outskirts. Today I was driving by and their trash was out and it looked like someone had just walked by and knocked each trash can over onto the street. There were probably six cans. I was very mad.

I think the simple answer, Johanna, is that people don't want their cars to be trashed up; i.e., kids don't want their parents finding the beer cans or the french fries and hamburger wrappings! Just so selfish can't see any further than their own noses. It makes me angry too to see beer and soda cans and paper bags in the beautiful bushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    Why don't they play this commercial anymore!! It is still relevant and thought provoking..

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    Why don't they play this commercial anymore!! It is still relevant and thought provoking..
    Here you go..........

Just don't get why they don't play this or other anti litter comms on network tv anymore..yeah,guess we need another geico commercial instead..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast