Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
France Legalizes Gay Marriage - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Maybe. What of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    A minute????

We're going to need a lot longer than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness... seen in that context, he is one rude lil monkey!
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    Oh my goodness... seen in that context, he is one rude lil monkey!
    ...never thought of it, when I posted it...but DAMN, he IS one cheeky lil simian....

~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

My view on gay marriage is... if you are against it, don't marry a gay person.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Oh good god. They're as bad as the US.

Why is equality so frightening to people?
    I doubt very much it has to do with equality since most French and most Europeans in general are very liberal about such issues. I think the fact that the majority of the French folk is against legal homosexual marraige creates a basis for conflict and anger at the politicians for basically saying that the public has no say in such matters, "thanks for electing me and this is what I think of your opinions." Democracy or tyranny?

The reason many (French and European) are against legalizing homosexual marraige is because they are against parents of the same gender raising children. The issue of raising kids with no mother or no father (a former huge issue with adoption agencies) and any potential problems associated need to be addressed before just diving in cold, or so the opinion of most Europeans.

All this blah blah about paper certificates signed by some stranger that is worth less than a bag of chips diverts from the issue important to most leaving the discussion to possible compromise astray and without resolution.

PS...to those that use their influence to push the public before they are ready or before they had a chance to ask any questions just provokes and does not help the homosexual marraige issue in the least. In fact, just the opposite. So which side are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    I doubt very much it has to do with equality since most French and most Europeans in general are very liberal about such issues. I think the fact that the majority of the French folk is against legal homosexual marraige creates a basis for conflict and anger at the politicians for basically saying that the public has no say in such matters, "thanks for electing me and this is what I think of your opinions." Democracy or tyranny?

The reason many (French and European) are against legalizing homosexual marraige is because they are against parents of the same gender raising children. The issue of raising kids with no mother or no father (a former huge issue with adoption agencies) and any potential problems associated need to be addressed before just diving in cold, or so the opinion of most Europeans.

All this blah blah about paper certificates signed by some stranger that is worth less than a bag of chips diverts from the issue important to most leaving the discussion to possible compromise astray and without resolution.

PS...to those that use their influence to push the public before they are ready or before they had a chance to ask any questions just provokes and does not help the homosexual marraige issue in the least. In fact, just the opposite. So which side are you on?
    That's just ridiculous. If the public is for denying people rights and making people second class citizens then they SHOULDN'T have a say in the matter. Who cares if the public is "ready" or not. We're talking basic human rights here.

A lot of the public wasn't ready for equality for black people but that didn't stop our Supreme Court and it shouldn't have.

You can't just deny people rights because other people aren't "ready" to treat people as equals.

So am I, Staro, but I've never been less than open about it. Anybody who would judge me for such a thing isn't someone I want to be friends with.

John D was the best. I miss him too.

Quote Originally Posted by if-so-Grrl View Post
    So am I, Staro, but I've never been less than open about it. Anybody who would judge me for such a thing isn't someone I want to be friends with.

John D was the best. I miss him too.
    ...bless your heart....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast