Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
France Legalizes Gay Marriage - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Maybe. What of it?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    A minute????

    We're going to need a lot longer than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,901

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    Oh my goodness... seen in that context, he is one rude lil monkey!
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    Oh my goodness... seen in that context, he is one rude lil monkey!
    ...never thought of it, when I posted it...but DAMN, he IS one cheeky lil simian....

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,901

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lud
    Posts
    401

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    My view on gay marriage is... if you are against it, don't marry a gay person.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Oh good god. They're as bad as the US.

    Why is equality so frightening to people?
    I doubt very much it has to do with equality since most French and most Europeans in general are very liberal about such issues. I think the fact that the majority of the French folk is against legal homosexual marraige creates a basis for conflict and anger at the politicians for basically saying that the public has no say in such matters, "thanks for electing me and this is what I think of your opinions." Democracy or tyranny?

    The reason many (French and European) are against legalizing homosexual marraige is because they are against parents of the same gender raising children. The issue of raising kids with no mother or no father (a former huge issue with adoption agencies) and any potential problems associated need to be addressed before just diving in cold, or so the opinion of most Europeans.

    All this blah blah about paper certificates signed by some stranger that is worth less than a bag of chips diverts from the issue important to most leaving the discussion to possible compromise astray and without resolution.

    PS...to those that use their influence to push the public before they are ready or before they had a chance to ask any questions just provokes and does not help the homosexual marraige issue in the least. In fact, just the opposite. So which side are you on?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the beach in crazy LA!
    Posts
    3,677

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    I doubt very much it has to do with equality since most French and most Europeans in general are very liberal about such issues. I think the fact that the majority of the French folk is against legal homosexual marraige creates a basis for conflict and anger at the politicians for basically saying that the public has no say in such matters, "thanks for electing me and this is what I think of your opinions." Democracy or tyranny?

    The reason many (French and European) are against legalizing homosexual marraige is because they are against parents of the same gender raising children. The issue of raising kids with no mother or no father (a former huge issue with adoption agencies) and any potential problems associated need to be addressed before just diving in cold, or so the opinion of most Europeans.

    All this blah blah about paper certificates signed by some stranger that is worth less than a bag of chips diverts from the issue important to most leaving the discussion to possible compromise astray and without resolution.

    PS...to those that use their influence to push the public before they are ready or before they had a chance to ask any questions just provokes and does not help the homosexual marraige issue in the least. In fact, just the opposite. So which side are you on?
    That's just ridiculous. If the public is for denying people rights and making people second class citizens then they SHOULDN'T have a say in the matter. Who cares if the public is "ready" or not. We're talking basic human rights here.

    A lot of the public wasn't ready for equality for black people but that didn't stop our Supreme Court and it shouldn't have.

    You can't just deny people rights because other people aren't "ready" to treat people as equals.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Last Frontier
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    So am I, Staro, but I've never been less than open about it. Anybody who would judge me for such a thing isn't someone I want to be friends with.

    John D was the best. I miss him too.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by if-so-Grrl View Post
    So am I, Staro, but I've never been less than open about it. Anybody who would judge me for such a thing isn't someone I want to be friends with.

    John D was the best. I miss him too.
    ...bless your heart....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •