Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
France Legalizes Gay Marriage - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    That's just ridiculous. If the public is for denying people rights and making people second class citizens then they SHOULDN'T have a say in the matter. Who cares if the public is "ready" or not. We're talking basic human rights here.

    A lot of the public wasn't ready for equality for black people but that didn't stop our Supreme Court and it shouldn't have.

    You can't just deny people rights because other people aren't "ready" to treat people as equals.
    They SHOULDN'T have a say in their own affairs you say? Now THAT is ridiculous and sounds like a tyranny.

    The French folk have always been open to same sex preferance and welcomed the gay community long before other countries. However, the French folk do not want the politicians and high society Americans in their walled up village there to legalize gay marraiges until authorities have studied the long term effects of children being raised with no mother. Adoption agencies do not allow single fathers, regardless of their financial situation, to adopt children pointing out that a stable mother is one of the keys to a healthy and loving raising of children. Sounds like a smart folk thinking ahead and being concerned for the children.

    I bet that is one of the reasons Gérard Depardieu handed back his French passport and was welcomed by President Putin.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    They SHOULDN'T have a say in their own affairs you say? Now THAT is ridiculous and sounds like a tyranny.

    The French folk have always been open to same sex preferance and welcomed the gay community long before other countries. However, the French folk do not want the politicians and high society Americans in their walled up village there to legalize gay marraiges until authorities have studied the long term effects of children being raised with no mother. Adoption agencies do not allow single fathers, regardless of their financial situation, to adopt children pointing out that a stable mother is one of the keys to a healthy and loving raising of children. Sounds like a smart folk thinking ahead and being concerned for the children.

    I bet that is one of the reasons Gérard Depardieu handed back his French passport and was welcomed by President Putin.

    A person having female (or male for that matter) anatomy does not guarantee they have the skills necessary to be a loving, supportive parent. There have been studies done and as a result of their findings, the American Academy of Pediatrics recently endorsed same-sex marriages. From their web site:

    A great deal of scientific research documents there is no cause-and-effect relationship between parents’ sexual orientation and children’s well-being, according to the AAP policy. In fact, many studies attest to the normal development of children of same-gender couples when the child is wanted, the parents have a commitment to shared parenting, and the parents have strong social and economic support. Critical factors that affect the normal development and mental health of children are parental stress, economic and social stability, community resources, discrimination, and children’s exposure to toxic stressors at home or in their communities -- not the sexual orientation of their parents.


    According to the policy statement, the AAP “supports pediatricians advocating for public policies that help all children and their parents, regardless of sexual orientation, build and maintain strong, stable, and healthy families that are able to meet the needs of their children.”


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    You don't have to convince me Ms. Mod, I already know that responsible parents raise children responsibly regardless of their sexual preferance or gender. However, in a democracy where the public are given little extra time to research all the facts themselves and no (celebrity or influencial) homosexuals take the lead to be a diplomat and pass on information from the top to the masses, they are telling the masses they are not worth informing or including. That is how revolutions start and has me asking why many homosexual celebrities, especially the leader types, keep their sexuality hidden from the public. It has a lot to do with open and honest communication.
    Last edited by Ayko; May 6th, 2013 at 10:02 AM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    In this day and age where information is so readily (and nearly instantly) available, I'm not sure I have much sympathy for people claiming to being uninformed. I also doubt that those who are so violently (literally) opposed to same sex marriage would change their opinion even faced with scientific research that disproves their long-held beliefs regarding more traditional roles as being the only acceptable way. And IMO it's reactions like this (the violent protests) that do nothing to encourage homosexuals to be more open about their sexuality but in the long run, why does it matter anyway? A person should be able to have a relationship with another consenting individual regardless of whether it is heterosexual or otherwise without having to make a big deal about announcing it. It's really no one else's business to make a judgement about and hopefully one day acceptance of that will be the norm.


  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    All true but, again the question comes up of raising children with no mother and there is way too little research and data to rely on any responsible conclusions made from them.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the beach in crazy LA!
    Posts
    3,677

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    They SHOULDN'T have a say in their own affairs you say? Now THAT is ridiculous and sounds like a tyranny.

    I bet that is one of the reasons Gérard Depardieu handed back his French passport and was welcomed by President Putin.
    It's not THEIR OWN affair. It's the homosexual community's. That's why I have a problem with it. As I've heard said, if you don't believe in homosexual marriage, don't have one. But it's not straight people's affair, as you so put it.

    And Depardieu is mad about taxes, not this.

    in order to escape a seventy-five-per-cent tax that the French government had promised to impose on income exceeding a million euros

    http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...a_fact_collins

    A little research on that was very easy to find.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    All true but, again the question comes up of raising children with no mother and there is way too little research and data to rely on any responsible conclusions made from them.
    That's nothing more than a red herring to try to deflect from the fact that it's about their beliefs that are based on emotions, not science. The idea that a woman is a better parent just because she has the biological ability to bear a child is not scientific but that seems to be what they are basing their opinions on if that's the "logic" they're using. If mere female gender was all it took to be a "good" parent, then we would never hear of child abuse cases involving abuse by mothers. I've already pointed out that there is, in fact, research that has proven that it has more to do with the environment provided by the parents, not their gender, that has an influence on how well-adjusted a child will be. If we were to base the criteria on female gender providing a better environment, then would a lesbian couple be even better than a heterosexual couple because there are two mothers? Of course not, because what makes a good parent and providing a stable, loving home environment is not about gender, it's about much more than that.


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    It took me less than a minute to find this site that lists at least 11 studies on same sex parenting.


  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the beach in crazy LA!
    Posts
    3,677

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    That's nothing more than a red herring to try to deflect from the fact that it's about their beliefs that are based on emotions, not science. The idea that a woman is a better parent just because she has the biological ability to bear a child is not scientific but that seems to be what they are basing their opinions on if that's the "logic" they're using. If mere female gender was all it took to be a "good" parent, then we would never hear of child abuse cases involving abuse by mothers. I've already pointed out that there is, in fact, research that has proven that it has more to do with the environment provided by the parents, not their gender, that has an influence on how well-adjusted a child will be. If we were to base the criteria on female gender providing a better environment, then would a lesbian couple be even better than a heterosexual couple because there are two mothers? Of course not, because what makes a good parent and providing a stable, loving home environment is not about gender, it's about much more than that.
    Amen! As most of you know I grew up with just a father and my mother was a terrible and infrequent parent. Being a woman has nothing to do with being a good parent.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: France Legalizes Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    It's not THEIR OWN affair. It's the homosexual community's. That's why I have a problem with it. As I've heard said, if you don't believe in homosexual marriage, don't have one. But it's not straight people's affair, as you so put it.

    And Depardieu is mad about taxes, not this.

    in order to escape a seventy-five-per-cent tax that the French government had promised to impose on income exceeding a million euros

    http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...a_fact_collins

    A little research on that was very easy to find.
    Ohh me lasses...

    I have been trying to give a neutral explanation of opinions of the French folk as to why they are against legalizing gay marraiges and why governments should never begin ignoring the will of the folks, especially openly. I think they should legalize gay marraiges. Then they finally can see how better off they were without all the lawyers and stresses of legal marraiges.

    Also, we can then concentrate more on real problems like the climate, the economy, wars and refugees, internet and international crime, cancer, victims of poverty and homelessness watching the wealthy party on the media, asteroid and comet showers, pollution, overpopulation, the rescue fleet for all, etc.

    Most homosexual celebrities hide their sexuality from the public and until that changes how can the folk fully understand them or have any respect for them hiding behind an image of lies. That is not a personal judgemental call, it is a neutraly stated fact and explains why many of the French folk are still against legalizing gay marraige.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •