This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Image Posting Problem

Default Re: Snail-mail..do you use it?

Now I can't even post a photo from a URL. I must be doing something wrong. Thanks anyway!
    Last edited by carrie's younger brother; June 18th, 2013 at 07:27 PM.

Off topic, but I can't post a picture anymore either. It does not let me insert the URL
    Moderator's Reply:
    N.N and Carrie's Y B--I've just moved your posts into the website area so that Jordan will see them. It might be helpful to him if you make a note in here which browser/s and OS you're both using.

~ Flake.
    Last edited by FlakeNoir; June 18th, 2013 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    Now I can't even post a photo from a URL. I must be doing something wrong. Thanks anyway!
    Have you made sure the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" check box is not checked?

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Have you made sure the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" check box is not checked?

It worked! Thanks Jordan. I was not copying the URL in the right way. I finally figured it out.

Default Re: Image Posting Problem

A little unrelated to the topic, but...
    For some time, I've been wondering about these blank posts that keep appearing occasionally. Finally, I tried using Internet Explorer, instead of Chrome. Turned out, those "blank" posts actually contained quite large pictures. Anyone else noticed this, when using Chrome?

I am used to getting blank posts and red X's thanks to my office's browser filters, I'll often get a different result on the home computer. I haven't noticed anything specific to my Chrome browser going wrong, though.

Turned out, a Chrome add-on/extension called Facebook Disconnect was blocking some of the images. By disabling that, I now am able to see all of the images within posts. Kind of strange, those images have nothing to do with Facebook.

What is the process for resizing images? I ain't got the smarts to figure it out...

Quote Originally Posted by nate_watkins View Post
    What is the process for resizing images? I ain't got the smarts to figure it out...
    I use a (free) program called IrfanView

Once you have that loaded on your computer:

* Right click image
    * "Open With" (choose whichever program you decide to go with eg: IrfanView/Picasa etc)
    * Follow the prompts (in IrfanView, along the top tool bar I click "Image" then scroll down to "Resize/Resample")
    * "Save as" (name your photo and choose where on your computer you'd like to store it. A 'Photos' folder on your desktop is a good place)
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123