This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just saying..........

Default Re: Just saying..........

Nobody better be going anywhere..... We're like a family, so sometimes when we disagree passionately, we're gonna argue, and in the heat of disagreement, we'll call each other a few names etc.........and then we realize that our words are like weapons, and they hurt, so we apologize and make up.
    I still believe that most everyone here is good people, and I love y'all.

I've got cookies baking.....come on over

I was not pointing the finger at anyone specific Shasta. I certainly did not have you in mind when I wrote it. Of course, we all care about each other. I just wanted to remind folks to cool their jets a lil bit when it comes to getting upset about their opinion. This is not some witch hunt. I wanted to thank the mods for having everything under control...even for the hard stuff.

I'm very upset to hear that anyone would think of leaving... (and really, imagine that happening on 'your shift'? ) Marsha has put her trust in all of us to do the right thing while she is away and for the most part, we have.
    For me, it comes down to personal responsibility, if you are prepared to say in real life--to someone's face--what you're saying here, in the threads... then you are probably in the 'I'm behaving responsibly' camp.

We have to remember that this is the first time ever, that the message board has been allowed to remain open during Marsha's vacation time. This was to happen on a trial basis only. If we're having members thinking of leaving because of the way they've been treated, then to a degree it means that the moderators have failed in their jobs and it is unlikely that the message board would be left open again during a vacation period.

I can handle failing in the job, I accept that I'm new so won't take it too personally. What I can't handle is that people have been made to feel so bad, that they no longer wish to be a part of our community. I really don't want to see that happening.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    I was not pointing the finger at anyone specific Shasta. I certainly did not have you in mind when I wrote it. Of course, we all care about each other. I just wanted to remind folks to cool their jets a lil bit when it comes to getting upset about their opinion. This is not some witch hunt. I wanted to thank the mods for having everything under control...even for the hard stuff.
    Star-O, I want you to know that having said what I just have, I understand perfectly that you have begun this thread in support of Dana Jean and I.. and I really do appreciate that. It hasn't been easy, Thank you for your support. xox
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    If we're having members thinking of leaving because of the way they've been treated, then to a degree it means that the moderators have failed in their jobs
    Not in any way.

New members and old, popular members and unpopular, liberals and conservatives... was each treated equally? Was there a Moderator presence reminding people of the rules and of decorum? Were any absolutely unacceptable posts quashed?

If all of that has been so, then nothing falls on your head. It's a messageboard--people come, people go, people come back. That decision doesn't rest on you.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    I'm very upset to hear that anyone would think of leaving... (and really, imagine that happening on 'your shift'? ) Marsha has put her trust in all of us to do the right thing while she is away and for the most part, we have.
    For me, it comes down to personal responsibility, if you are prepared to say in real life--to someone's face--what you're saying here, in the threads... then you are probably in the 'I'm behaving responsibly' camp.

We have to remember that this is the first time ever, that the message board has been allowed to remain open during Marsha's vacation time. This was to happen on a trial basis only. If we're having members thinking of leaving because of the way they've been treated, then to a degree it means that the moderators have failed in their jobs and it is unlikely that the message board would be left open again during a vacation period.

I can handle failing in the job, I accept that I'm new so won't take it too personally. What I can't handle is that people have been made to feel so bad, that they no longer wish to be a part of our community. I really don't want to see that happening.

Oh, Flake--- you have not failed in your job, nor had Dana Jean. You guys are doing such a great job. Personally, I can't imagine moderating a MB of this size. Gee, I can't even keep up reading all the new postings. You do that and more. Yep- I see you in the social groups too.

It makes my heart ache to think that the moderators might feel they have failed in their jobs. No, nada, no way. You guys are part of that glue that hold this place together. The community is a family, and it is going to have disagreements/ words spoken in haste. That is not a reflection on the moderators guidance.

Going to be sending out more serenity vibes for all. To all the moderators a great big hug and an extra special Thank You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    Because Marsha is gone, the new moderators have their hands full doing a job that is fairly new to them. They are doing this free out of love for the board. I wonder if we can refrain from arguing and throwing personal barbs and name calling while they are working so hard. I think that sometimes we forget ourselves when trying to support our views. The point of a debate is to state your opinion and then back it up with evidence. If you can do that, then you had your say and that is all to the good. Some folks will agree....others will not. That is why it is a debate.

Now I wish I could give the budding new moderators a nice cold mug of Moosehead beer but they are too far away. I can say thank you, though. We appreciate being able to post instead of the board having to shut down during vacation time. Love you guys!
    Has this been going on? I'm glad I missed it.

Flake, you made me very sad. No one has failed and you're all wonderful.

I'm not going away. I promise. I was just going to take a little break. But instead Sunny and I talked about it and I'm just going to keep my mouth shut!!

And it had zero to do with you guys or Marsha being on vacation. I've been thinking about it since the gun threads came about. But I'm just going to be smarter in my use and only talk about Mr. King and big threads!!

I failed if I made you think you failed. You guys are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I'm not going away. I promise. I was just going to take a little break. But instead Sunny and I talked about it and I'm just going to keep my mouth shut!!
    I can truly understand. I stay out of a lot of threads. Often I pull back . . .Flake and DJ have been wonderful moderators which is something I would not want to do.

Me either!!! You have to have the patience of a saint! I'm a big girl! I can exercise a little self control to make their lives a little easier!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast