This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NOS4A2 Now Available

Default Re: NOS4A2 Now Available

[QUOTE=fljoe0;601436]Who would think "A Note On The Type" part would be important?

I learned long ago, in grammar school actually, to read EVERYTHING. And I always do. This time it payed off!

I loved this book! This one does what the best books do - connects with the reader emotionally. N0S4A2 creates an inscape reading reality inhabited by characters that you care about more and more as the story goes along. Joe Hill continues to create quirky, flawed characters that makes me feel positive and negative thoughts. By the time the story ends, my negative thoughts are forgotten. The Brat is one of the most interesting and flawed characters I have run across in a long time.

While Manx is the story's titular antagonist, it is his sidekick - Bing Patridge - who is the most revolting and terrifying. For he is a simple fellow that has managed to built his own complex inscape that allows him to carry out atrocities all the while believing he is doing good works. Scary.

This is my favorite type of story - bittersweet triumph tinged with sadness, gratefulness, and hope.

These are great days indeed when there are books to be read from not just Stephen King but his sons - Owen and Joe - too.
    Last edited by FlakeNoir; May 28th, 2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags

Quote Originally Posted by OldDarth View Post
    I loved this book! This one does what the best books do - connects with the reader emotionally. N0S4A2 creates an inscape reading reality inhabited by characters that you care about more and more as the story goes along. Joe Hill continues to create quirky, flawed characters that makes me feel positive and negative thoughts. By the time the story ends, my negative thoughts are forgotten. The Brat is one of the most interesting and flawed characters I have run across in a long time.

While Manx is the story's titular antagonist, it is his sidekick - Bing Patridge - who is the most revolting and terrifying. For he is a simple fellow that has managed to built his own complex inscape that allows him to carry out atrocities all the while believing he is doing good works. Scary.

This is my favorite type of story - bittersweet triumph tinged with sadness, gratefulness, and hope.

These are great days indeed when there are books to be read from not just Stephen King but his sons - Owen and Joe - too.
    I completely agree with everything you said.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

While I was at B&N picking up "Joyland," I found a copy of NOS4A2 and read the "About the type" section. I'm happy now, I feel complete.

I hope the kindle people fix that omission.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    While I was at B&N picking up "Joyland," I found a copy of NOS4A2 and read the "About the type" section. I'm happy now, I feel complete.

Joe Hill never responded on Twitter but other people have thanked me for letting them know it's not there so I feel like I did a good deed!

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post

Great! Now you know why I said

you really haven't read the whole book or know the real ending unless you read it.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011