Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Elimination Communication - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elimination Communication

Default Re: Elimination Communication

I just went green,reading this thread..easy stomach..

There is definitely a poo face, but not always a wee face. This means you have to stare at the child 24 hrs. a day. What about at night? Sorry, but to me this is just more sillyness.

Quote Originally Posted by hossenpepper View Post
    I agree, to each their own. However, if you're taking these free range sh!tters anywhere in public, then it does become my "business" (pun intended).

I already have to hear the kids' sh!t music... why have to smell them , too?
    Ditto . . .

Quote Originally Posted by hossenpepper View Post
    I call this gorilla (or monkey if you would) parenting.

And from a person who has raised 4 pretty darned good kids (who are all potty trained), it's complete and total BS. Use cloth diapers you knuckleheads.

On a side note, when it comes to baby feces, feed them strained peas if you wanna "go green".

I had read a number of years ago that the throw-way diapers take up to 300 years to decompose in the dump! Cloth diapers are the only way to go--especially iF you have a diaper service!! HOOHOO

I may have already told this story here, if I did please bear with me...

Before I had kids of my own, we lived in a big house with a few other couples. At the time, there were 2 babies living there permanently (lots of other families and babies sort of floated through.)

One of the permanent babies was on a program like this. From when she was born, her mom was home with her all day, and the baby just hung out bottom-half-naked. The idea was that Mom was going to learn Babygirl's signals and soon she'd be going in the potty full-time like a champ.

What ACTUALLY happened was that Mom would be going about her Mom business, then she'd shriek and run down the hall while Babygirl peed and/or pooped the whole way.

Not being the kind of people to squash other people's experiments or ideology, the rest of us just took to always wearing shoes in the house...

The whole process only lasted about 8 weeks before Babygirl got cloth diapers and we all started going barefoot again.

Now that I look back on it, it seems like we all should have known it was crazy from the start. But really, we were just a bunch of kids with no family in town, and we were all just doing that "fake it til you make it" thing. I learned a lot of cool stuff there, it's just that some of it was "what NOT to do." That's good stuff, too!

Just to be the devil's advocate here..Are cloth diapers really green besides the baby poo. You have to run the washer and that takes energy and also scrapping said debris- the toilet and flushing takes energy too. Just saying not sure how "earth friendly" cloth diapers are really.

...my grandson is ahead of the curve then...he just drops trou wherever he is outside, and unleashes the firehose...still, I get tired waiting for him to quit wandering around, sniffing the lawn and trying to determine the "just right" blade of grass to number two on...and people give me a funny look, coz I'm right behind him with the super-dooper-pooper-scooper.....

Quote Originally Posted by arista View Post
    Just to be the devil's advocate here..Are cloth diapers really green besides the baby poo. You have to run the washer and that takes energy and also scrapping said debris- the toilet and flushing takes energy too. Just saying not sure how "earth friendly" cloth diapers are really.
    Well, considering the baby is a member of a family where everyone pees and poops and flushes and washes clothes I don't see any extra strain on the 'green'.

Quote Originally Posted by arista View Post
    Doing it to go green, then you hand wash the diapers. Granted, there is still hot water involved so energy has to be transferred somehow. You can get biodegradable soaps to wash them. The main benefit really is that your aren't using plastic diapers and throwing them in the landfill.

But you bring up an interesting point... nothing can be "zero impact" that humans do. Nor that cows, or platypi or lemurs, either. We all use a bit and leave a bit behind. That is life on earth.

That being said, letting your damn kids take a dump and squirt kidney juice wherever it hits them is just gross. I don't buy the "potty face" deal either. Kids make similar faces for many reasons. This whole approach is a crock of sh!t.

We make pet chimps wear diapers in public... just sayin'...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast