Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Elimination Communication - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elimination Communication

Default Re: Elimination Communication

Back in the day - dinosaur era-- I raised my children using cloth diapers. No diaper service. No washing machine. No dryer except Mother Nature. In winter they froze before you could get the second clothespin on the line. Was joyful when they came out with pre folded cloth diapers. Modern marvel for sure.
    Back to basic- use the cloth diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by arista View Post
    Just to be the devil's advocate here..Are cloth diapers really green besides the baby poo. You have to run the washer and that takes energy and also scrapping said debris- the toilet and flushing takes energy too. Just saying not sure how "earth friendly" cloth diapers are really.
    They're not zero impact. They do take extra water and soap, and if you dry them in a dryer they take extra gas or electricity. But, they can be used over and over, so you're not sending something made of plastic and chemicals to the dump 5-10 times a day. The plastic alone can take eleventy billion years to biodegrade. I totally made that number up, but it's a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by hipmamajen View Post
    They're not zero impact. They do take extra water and soap, and if you dry them in a dryer they take extra gas or electricity. But, they can be used over and over, so you're not sending something made of plastic and chemicals to the dump 5-10 times a day. The plastic alone can take eleventy billion years to biodegrade. I totally made that number up, but it's a long time.
    No, that is a real number. It's one I use at least eleventy billlion times a day! And I hardly ever make anything up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123