Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Problem with Logging In - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with Logging In

Default Re: Problem with Logging In

Yeah...sort of...problems logging in. I'm here though posting this. But last night (5/7/13) after the board had been down for sweepers and again this morning...I swing by the board, begin typing my name up at the top, a small box appears at the bottom and I click on that, my name...and that puts the name in the box as well as the password...which is good as I've no idea what the password is....click "log in" and I think all systems are go...realize something looks funky...no "my name" at the top indicating I'm here...(are lawyers involved?)...so...I "log in" again...get that "thank you for logging in" screen...the board page follows...I think here we go...three times I did that...and I think the 3rd time, I click on "new posts"...scroll, click on a thread, read the latest...realize I'm not logged-in...am a 'guest'...so, I log in from that thread page...and...that works. A keeper that time.

Same thing this morning...the 'log-in' attempt does not work on the first/main page one gets when one arrives at the message board...does not work several times...but a log-in attempt from a thread page does work.

Also...I am not wearing long-johns.

Me too, have to log in from a thread page and not the main page.

My first log-in failed once the board went live again too, after that no problems.
    I'd suggest clearing your cache and trying a log in from a 'Google search' of the message board.

Also please let Jordan know (here) which browser you're using.

(Oh, and Walter--it could be the long-john thing... put 'em back on!)
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Yeah...it hit me this morning as I pulled my self up out of bed after a tonsillitis night of dreaming...still dark...hey! (channeling Si) I haven't worn the el-jays for a time now! I'm hot-blooded, check it and see...I've got a fever...

I clear my cookies, cache, history every day, multiple times, after each time I use the web. I use Firefox...whatever the latest version would be. I arrive here by typing "stephen king dot com" in the address bar, once on the main, I click on "message board" if there isn't any tantalizing new-stuff on the main, proceed to log-in as indicated. We got something like 79% humidity, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Oobleck View Post
    Yeah...it hit me this morning as I pulled my self up out of bed after a tonsillitis night of dreaming...still dark...hey! (channeling Si) I haven't worn the el-jays for a time now! I'm hot-blooded, check it and see...I've got a fever...

I clear my cookies, cache, history every day, multiple times, after each time I use the web. I use Firefox...whatever the latest version would be. I arrive here by typing "stephen king dot com" in the address bar, once on the main, I click on "message board" if there isn't any tantalizing new-stuff on the main, proceed to log-in as indicated. We got something like 79% humidity, however.
    Hmmm seems you've tried all of the above. (or below, depending on which way you're scrolling these pages)
    It must be the long-john's. (kidding--but, hope you're feeling better soon--tonsillitis sucks)

Joooooooordan?

Issue too. used my Tab log in this morning, entered username and password and got the message thank you for logging in- redirecting(as usual). However, the user name and password boxes where still there. Clicked on new posts and it brought me to thread page and presto- logged in.

Safari latest update/ Macbook

I've passed it on to Jordan.

I'm getting it, too. If I ignore the fact that I don't seem to be logged in and hit New Posts, I end up logged in -- at least temporarily. It started yesterday after I came to the site and found a "down for maintenance" message.

Yup, happening to me too.

Same for me. It seems to happen every time vBulletin needs a software update.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast