Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What gives you the Heebie Jeebies? - Page 8

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 8 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: What gives you the Heebie Jeebies?

Default Re: What gives you the Heebie Jeebies?

I am scared of looking into a mirror by night.

Because of the TV series
    Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction" the apparition.

I do not want to see the womans face next to mine.

Years ago, my mom was laying out in the sun on a blanket in our backyard and a gopher ran across her chest. It freaked her out but was so​ funny!

Nasty feet.

People. It's nice weather season (for most of us, or at least should be) and you will be showing your feet. Groom them. No werewolf toenails; no hairy knuckles, no dirty, cracked heals. Please, please -- for the sake of all things holy, please clean up your feet before you make the decision to show them nude. Even Jesus knew about pedicures.
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    Nasty feet.

People. It's nice weather season (for most of us, or at least should be) and you will be showing your feet. Groom them. No werewolf toenails; no hairy knuckles, no dirty, cracked heals. Please, please -- for the sake of all things holy, please clean up your feet before you make the decision to show them nude. Even Jesus knew about pedicures.
    Oh Dana JEan laughed out loud Even Jesus knew about pedicures

Religious scholars say Jesus washed the feet of his disciples as an act of humility.

Nope. He was totally grossed out by his entourage's nasty-a** feet. He looked at them and said, "Man, I can't take you guys anywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by arista View Post
    Oh Dana JEan laughed out loud Even Jesus knew about pedicures
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

The story I am going to relate is weird but true. I was in the bathroom of my previous house and it was located out in the country. I look in the toilet and there is a tree frog on the inside of the toilet. How it go there-I am not sure-but was it was freaky to see a tree frog in the toilet.
    We have a septic system and it's tank is right next to our master bath. I took a beauty of a photo of a green tree frog in our toilet. I knew they could get in the septic system as the septic tank lid has a chunk out it. The truly unnerving thought is that if tree frogs can climb up our septic system then so can snakes.

LongTallSally Guest

Quote Originally Posted by marjoriefrum View Post
    We have a septic system and it's tank is right next to our master bath. I took a beauty of a photo of a green tree frog in our toilet. I knew they could get in the septic system as the septic tank lid has a chunk out it. The truly unnerving thought is that if tree frogs can climb up our septic system then so can snakes.
    Gawds... I'd be weighing down the lids of the toilet seats with bricks when not in use and flush before lifting the lid...

I lived in a house in India that had a broken sewer pipe. You should have heard the scream when one of the girls saw a big rat doing the backstroke next to what she just unloaded in there.
    Last edited by LongTallSally; May 2nd, 2013 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Typo... OCD word nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn the Peanut View Post
    I had fotgotten all about rats, and Sharks. When I was a kid we went to a sea-life centre while on holiday and they had a shark room. You know those aquarium style rooms with the tanks all around the walls and the ceilings? Well they had chosen some creepy music to play out into this room and there were sharks everywhere. I suppose in my child mind they all looked like great whites, yet in reality they were probably only little, but it terrified. The music, combined with how many there seemed to be, not just in a tank at a distance, but all around us, was horrible.

And Jaws does nothing to encourage me that it's an irrational fear.
    I don't think fear of sharks is necessarily irrational. Not all species of sharks are dangerous, but I'm not keen to get in the water with bull sharks, tiger sharks, or great whites - not without a cage, anyway. Bull sharks are actually the scariest, IMO, not least because they've been found way up in rivers (they've been found in the Mississippi as far up as Illinois ) and also live in Lake Nicaragua. They also found some teeth from a juvenile in Minnesota. The shark responsible for the attacks that inspired Jaws was most likely a bull shark.

Still, the truth is that even if you swim in the ocean, dive, surf, and spearfish, you are still more likely to be hit by lightning than attacked by a shark.

Also the idea of Aliens freak me out. Not just because movies always seem to portray them as destructive or murderous (well not all Alien movies, but it would be fair to say a large chunk) but because I don't like the idea of being visited by a species that is so much more advanced than us. It unnerves me. I think that comes down to the fact that Humans are hostile and the chances of us attacking them out of an irrational fear is probably quite high and if they are advanced enough to reach earth from wherever the hell they come from in the universe, it means they are probably advanced enough to crush us into oblivion if they felt like it.
    Its irrational but I do find myself having quite a few nightmares about it.
    I don't think the aliens would attack us out of irrational fear - seeing how we treat other humans who are different, their fears would be quite rational, indeed.

The story I am going to relate is weird but true. I was in the bathroom of my previous house and it was located out in the country. I look in the toilet and there is a tree frog on the inside of the toilet. How it go there-I am not sure-but was it was freaky to see a tree frog in the toilet.
    I found a little mouse in the toilet bowl one night. Something alerted me to the fact that I wasn't alone in the room and (THANKFULLY) I decided to flick the light switch on before I... you know, used the toilet. (Normally I'm a leave the light off at night kinda tinkler, so as not to wake anyone)
    On came the light and bloody hell, there it was, scrabbling away to try and get out. I put some yellow cleaning gloves on and he walked into my hand... then what to do? I put him in an empty ice-cream container, cut some breathing holes into it... then um, did my business.
    In the morning I opened the container and there he was staring up at me and he was completely bone dry and ready for release... I took him to Flake's Spider (and other things) Sanctuary, (yes, that wonderful river spot out back) and let him go.

I always, ALWAYS flick the light on for a quick spell before using the toilet at night now.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by LongTallSally View Post
    Gawds... I'd be weighing down the lids of the toilet seats with bricks when not in use and flush before lifting the lid...

I lived in a house in India that had a broken sewer pipe. You should have heard the scream when one of the girls saw a big rat doing the backstroke next to what she just unloaded in there.
    Must be the dain bramage. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I just keep waiting to see a snake between my legs.

Page 8 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast