Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Where is this going to end?! - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is this going to end?!

Default Re: Where is this going to end?!

Quote Originally Posted by doowopgirl View Post
    For so many years things like this weren't spoken about. No one would listen or things would be hushed up owing to the celebrity or power by the abuser. While I think it's great that people are no longer afraid to come forward and are heard, I'm a little bit cynical and have to wonder how many are legitimate and how many are bandwagon jumpers.
    Yes.

What hurts me is that their are people that know about such abuses toward children but do nothing. Those bother me the most. Sexual abuse haunts you for life. When you're a child and someone continues to touch you in places that make you hurt then and thereafter . . .you feel as if maybe somehow you asked for that. Most often this abuse is done by someone you admire or think you are safe with. But, it hurts even more when you finally get the courage to tell another grown up that you feel will help you but they do nothing.

We live in a cruel world and children need to be protected more. Something as simple as paying attention is all that's needed.

There are very few people that I trust . . .I grew up knowing that there was no one I could trust. Now I'm at a point were I just get by without having to trust.

Yes . . .I was abused. For years.

((((Madam)))) by speaking up and telling others, it does opensome eyes, and in turn, it is hoped those who heard will be there to pay attention. I worked protective services child care for several years-- the stories that could be told. I applaud the true and real child advocates who did care and paid attention to the children.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    ((((Madam)))) by speaking up and telling others, it does opensome eyes, and in turn, it is hoped those who heard will be there to pay attention. I worked protective services child care for several years-- the stories that could be told. I applaud the true and real child advocates who did care and paid attention to the children.
    Thank you Spidey. It is not an easy history to deal with . . .it echos. But, I've learned not to dwell on that part of my life. I'm still here and I am a very responsible and loving being. And I got that way by believing in myself.

Last edited by MadamMack; May 3rd, 2013 at 07:00 PM.

As terrible as all this accusations are I heard this evening by a good friend of mine that David Jason may possibly be the next dragged into this whole out of control scandal.

If he is I genuinely will not have anything more to say on this situation. The sheer devestation of that accusation would devestate me in a way that I can't even describe.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangclaire View Post
    Whilst I don't want to detract AT ALL from genuine cases of abuse, I can't help wondering how many of these cases that are cropping up currently involving celebraties, many dating back decades, are fuelled by pound signs. There, I said it, and will probably get stoned now.
    You will get no stoning from me! I'm always wondering why these only come up so many years later. Another thing I don't understand is that as soon as someone, i.e. Bill Roache, is accused or suspected, before all facts are known they are immediately assumed to be guilty and their producers take them off the show. I always thought that one was presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonC View Post
    You will get no stoning from me! I'm always wondering why these only come up so many years later. Another thing I don't understand is that as soon as someone, i.e. Bill Roache, is accused or suspected, before all facts are known they are immediately assumed to be guilty and their producers take them off the show. I always thought that one was presumed innocent until proven guilty.

p.s. Referring to mustangclaire's comment which did not show up when I replied)
    It is kind of a weird way to get publicity but I guess when you say fueled by pound signs, you mean for the tabloids, not the person being accused
    Last edited by Neesy; May 4th, 2013 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    Thank you Spidey. It is not an easy history to deal with . . .it echos. But, I've learned not to dwell on that part of my life. I'm still here and I am a very responsible and loving being. And I got that way by believing in myself.

...awesome, simply awesome....(((Madam)))...

Madam:

My admiration for your strength! God bless and keep you.

(((MM)))

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    Yes.

What hurts me is that their are people that know about such abuses toward children but do nothing. Those bother me the most. Sexual abuse haunts you for life. When you're a child and someone continues to touch you in places that make you hurt then and thereafter . . .you feel as if maybe somehow you asked for that. Most often this abuse is done by someone you admire or think you are safe with. But, it hurts even more when you finally get the courage to tell another grown up that you feel will help you but they do nothing.

We live in a cruel world and children need to be protected more. Something as simple as paying attention is all that's needed.

There are very few people that I trust . . .I grew up knowing that there was no one I could trust. Now I'm at a point were I just get by without having to trust.

Yes . . .I was abused. For years.
    (((((BIG HUG, Mz. M)))))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12