This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NJ Gov. Chris Christie Has Lap-Band Surgery

Default Re: NJ Gov. Chris Christie Has Lap-Band Surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Hey, I don't care what the reasons are. I like the guy. I think he should do whatever makes him happy.

Unfortunately I've heard that once the band comes off people tend to go back up, but I hope not. Maybe a presidential run will have him running around enough to keep the weight off.
    I like him too, especially after willing to drop the BS and meet with the Prez after Sandy. Plus, I like to see a politician get fired up and tell people to foff once in a while.

I guess I'm uninformed....... I thought the band was permanent, but adjustable. Is there one like the belt that holds my pants up? I can take it off when putting my pjs on (or after losing 150lbs......)?

[QUOTE=Shasta;593653]And he's preparing for a run in 2016 and he's already made comments that we couldn't have a president who looks like him. His words. Not mine.[/QUOTE

Well, he certainly wouldn't be the first president with some extra baggage. There was good ol' President Taft, for one. He was 5 ft 11" and weighed over 300 lbs. I do know what Gov. Christie is saying, though. These days, a politician's image and how he projects it in the media carries about the same weight as his words. The world has become pretty superficial!

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    I like him too, especially after willing to drop the BS and meet with the Prez after Sandy. Plus, I like to see a politician get fired up and tell people to foff once in a while.

I guess I'm uninformed....... I thought the band was permanent, but adjustable. Is there one like the belt that holds my pants up? I can take it off when putting my pjs on (or after losing 150lbs......)?
    I don't know. My cousin had one and she lost a bunch of weight and had it removed so I just assumed that's how it was done. I could definitely be wrong. They may have taken it out for some other reason.

On another note, I am a huge Renaissance Faire nerd and I went last Saturday and I could barely eat all day because of my bodice. If I could figure out how to get away with wearing a bodice at work I would totally do so. That's a very effective weight loss plan!

I don't know.........I think the guys would make fun of me if a wore one of them bodice thingies.........

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    I don't know.........I think the guys would make fun of me if a wore one of them bodice thingies.........
    You never know......

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Oh yeah babes can I dig it!.....um, lap band?..never mind

Hey, I don't care what the reasons are. I like the guy. I think he should do whatever makes him happy.

Unfortunately I've heard that once the band comes off people tend to go back up, but I hope not. Maybe a presidential run will have him running around enough to keep the weight off.
    That made me think of Phil Hartman as Bill Clinton,jogger,at Mcdonalds..http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...donalds/n10361

If I could figure out how to get away with wearing a bodice at work I would totally do so. That's a very effective weight loss plan!
    You could treat it like lingerie and wear it under your other clothes.

I don't know. My cousin had one and she lost a bunch of weight and had it removed so I just assumed that's how it was done. I could definitely be wrong. They may have taken it out for some other reason.

On another note, I am a huge Renaissance Faire nerd and I went last Saturday and I could barely eat all day because of my bodice. If I could figure out how to get away with wearing a bodice at work I would totally do so. That's a very effective weight loss plan!
    I'm about to wear one on the "hen do" i'm going to this coming weekend. I've just tried the whole outfit on, (i'm dressing as a pirate, with bodice, amazing net skirt, stripey pirate long socks and fab hat) And i figure i'll be ok as long as i have no intention of bending in the middle AT ALL all Saturday afternoon/night, or breathing much really.....

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    You could treat it like lingerie and wear it under your other clothes.
    Man. I was looking for an excuse to not actually have to wear it and now I don't have one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast