Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Hard Listening - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hard Listening

Default Re: Hard Listening

I think I'm going to love this!

I finished it last night -- it's a lot of fun. There are interactive quizzes every so often and the answer pages show you how other readers voted, with a separate category that shows how members of the Rock Bottom Remainders voted. I'm very pleased that I guessed correctly which of the four short stories was actually written by King. I did better than the Book Genome Project analysis!

And if people have any question about the musical talents of some of the members, there is an exquisite version of Sloop John B with Roger McGuinn, Dave Barry, Ridley Pearson and a couple of others recorded at Ridley's home while they were on tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I finished it last night -- it's a lot of fun. There are interactive quizzes every so often and the answer pages show you how other readers voted, with a separate category that shows how members of the Rock Bottom Remainders voted. I'm very pleased that I guessed correctly which of the four short stories was actually written by King. I did better than the Book Genome Project analysis!
    Hey Bev, remember how I am your favourite Kiwi and stuff?
    (And if I'm not... please just P.M me your refusal, I don't think I could handle the public rejection.)
    If you accidentally dropped your iPad... I just bet I could catch it from here!
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

The interactive didnt work for me... when I clicked to pick the excerpt, nothing happened. My guess is:

Robert Johnson's Flat Top

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    So will all that cool stuff work on other tablets than just the ipad? I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to check out the Excerpt for this yet? They were having some problems with the files but have now also put up a PDF version which you can download here.

It's got some great stuff and I have to confess that I'm not 100% sure yet which of the four stories is actually written by Steve. Dave Barry's essay "What I Learned In The Remainders" had me ROFL even while I was feeling guilty for doing so.
    I've always loved Dave Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by mstay View Post
    So will all that cool stuff work on other tablets than just the ipad? I hope!
    According to the publicist who sent me the advanced copy, the iPad/iBooks version is the most fully interactive. There will be versions for Kindle, Kobo, Android and Nook, too.

Hi Everyone,

I'm one of the editors of Hard Listening, along with Sam Barry. We're super excited for the upcoming release so if you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask!

To address two questions that came up in this thread:

from Spideyman, regarding Kindle pre-orders:
    The book will be available on all platforms on June 18, 2013. We're working with Amazon to get it listed for pre-order, but it's not quite as easy as you might think! I'll let you know if we get it set up.

from mstay, regarding what features other versions will have.

We're releasing interactive versions for iPad, Kindle Fire/HDs, NOOK Tablet/HDs, and all Android devices through Google Play. The functionality and interactivity is the same across all of those devices, but the iPad version has some more elegant design elements.

The non-interactive versions (for E Ink Kindles, E Ink NOOKs, iOS, and Kobo) do not have video or audio, but do include photos and interactive polls. So you will still get to vote for the story you think was written by Stephen King!

Unless my internet-fu has totally failed me, there doesn't seem to be a Kindle edition available. If I've failed, could somebody please put a link up?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast