Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Star Trek: Into Darkness - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Into Darkness

Default Re: Star Trek: Into Darkness

I saw the film and thought it was very entertaining. I'm not a major trek of sci fi fan, but wanted to see it for nostalgia. I saw the first one and thought it had the feel of the original series. I've read all the previous comments and have no arguments. BUT, I liked it for three reasons only, plot holes, etc. aside. 1 Chris Pine is a fine thing 2 It had the feel of the original series I grew up with 3 It was fun.

One more that I didn't think of before:

If the Enterprise was supposed to survey the planet in the beginning, and the mission was to cap off the volcano, why were Kirk and McCoy on the surface, stealing stuff? What did that have to do with the volcano..?

Quote Originally Posted by Lepplady View Post
    Okay. Here are some spoilers. I mean it. Don't click if you don't want to know.

Love this!

Scotty's little friend (played by Deep Roy) is in the movie, on the crew!

Not crazy about this:

Khan. I never wanted anybody else to play him. And while they did a fine job of it, my sentimental favorite will always be Ricardo Monatalban.

Kinda iffy about this:

Spock's delivery of the "KHAAAAAAAN!" scream. I like the whole role reversal bit, but his delivery didn't have the same hate and determination.

Didn't see this coming:

Carol Marcus. When the blonde showed up, I didn't realize that that's who she was going to turn out to be.

Intelligence insult I can't really get past:

On the bridge of the bigger ship, all Scotty had to do was keep Khan knocked out, but he was distracted? Really?

Explain this to me:

Why is it that when Kirk blasted Khan, one shot stunned him. But when Uhura zapped him later, blast after blast couldn't knock him out...?

The REALLY big leap from the older shows, and even from the last movie:

Why is Christopher Pike walking???

Anybody else have thoughts you can hide under a spoiler tag?
    Thanks for telling me how to manage that, by the by :-)

You learn fast! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lepplady View Post
    One more that I didn't think of before:

If the Enterprise was supposed to survey the planet in the beginning, and the mission was to cap off the volcano, why were Kirk and McCoy on the surface, stealing stuff? What did that have to do with the volcano..?

I don't think they were supposed to cap the volcano, just observe the people. When they realized the volcano was going to blow they devised a way to stop it so the people wouldn't all die. I think they stole something so the people would chase them and get as far away from the danger as possible. I think. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by mstay View Post

I don't think they were supposed to cap the volcano, just observe the people. When they realized the volcano was going to blow they devised a way to stop it so the people wouldn't all die. I think they stole something so the people would chase them and get as far away from the danger as possible. I think. Maybe.
    I like it. I can live with that

Space is not the final frontier. That having been said better frontiers and stories are coming with a super cast and production team waiting ready for ay talented writer...

So do you think that since J J Abrams is involved with Star Trek and Star Wars-Will the two worlds ever merge-I hope not.

Oh why, why do I do it everytime. I just can't help it. Everytime I see a spoiler tag I just have to click on it, you know it's the same as having a big old sign saying DO NOT PRESS! with a nice big red button underneath it. Oh and now I have ruined the whole plot for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by arista View Post
    So do you think that since J J Abrams is involved with Star Trek and Star Wars-Will the two worlds ever merge-I hope not.
    In Star Trek about 5 percent of the Milky Way has been mapped in the 23rd and 24th century. Star Wars took place "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away..."

Don't mean to be a smartass but such a meeting would be silly in my opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast