Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Does Admin read our Private Messages? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Admin read our Private Messages?

Default Re: Does Admin read our Private Messages?

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Ohhhh I could only hope, Rrrrrwwww is what I'm sayin'..why only just a couple weeks ago I was havin' a most wonderfully excitin' conversation about..wee kiddos all gone..
    They do grow up so fast.... : insert frownie face here :

It's a valid question, I have wondered the same thing myself. Thanks!

I never got a PM from Sepia.

Good thing we have PMs.LOL air the laundry.

I'm with Deej on this one, the only Private Messages I read are the ones that are either specifically posted to me by individual members or very occasionally there might be one that the moderating team needs to discuss between ourselves and this has always been in the case of either a request for help from a member, or in the case where warnings or infractions need to be discussed and decided upon.
    These are the only messages I have access to and I wouldn't want it any other way. I have no desire whatsoever to know what people are saying either about me, or each other.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    It would be possible for us to read all of your PMs (as you've noted), but it is not something we're interested in, nor is it worth our time.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    I'm with Deej on this one, the only Private Messages I read are the ones that are either specifically posted to me by individual members or very occasionally there might be one that the moderating team needs to discuss between ourselves and this has always been in the case of either a request for help from a member, or in the case where warnings or infractions need to be discussed and decided upon.
    These are the only messages I have access to and I wouldn't want it any other way. I have no desire whatsoever to know what people are saying either about me, or each other.

What do you want me to say here? One of you is not telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    What do you want me to say here? One of you is not telling the truth.

We're both telling the truth... I think perhaps you may have misunderstood what I was saying? (It could be that I didn't explain it very well.) I was trying to explain that very occasionally, the moderation team may discuss a message that has been sent to one of us in order to decide what needs to be done next... this is especially helpful for Dana Jean and I because we're as you know, still quite new to this.
    Jordan was talking about the fact that yes, it would be possible for Admins (Not Moderators) to read Private Messages.
    It sounds to me like you might be suggesting, (and please do correct me if I'm wrong) that we might be reading messages in people's inbox's? Like I said earlier, any messages that we've read have been sent to us in respect of either moderating help, or in the case where discussion needs to take place to decide an outcome. I think you're reading too much into this, sorry.

(P.S I don't think I've ever had my honesty questioned on the MB before, and I can tell you it feels 'just lovely'.)
    Last edited by FlakeNoir; May 24th, 2013 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Typo
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

....the snark level has grown to PM......S proportions!!!....

When someone reports a PM, all the moderators (and administrators) read that PM. The question has been asked and answered, so I'm closing this thread.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12