Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
It Really Breaks the Heart :'( - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It Really Breaks the Heart :'(

Default Re: It Really Breaks the Heart :'(

...I still ain't figured out how you strap a mule under yer car....talk about about a pain in(for)the azz!...anyway Z, tickled that you've gotten it squared away...it would've have taken a piece of your soul to have left them...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I still ain't figured out how you strap a mule under yer car....talk about about a pain in(for)the azz!...anyway Z, tickled that you've gotten it squared away...it would've have taken a piece of your soul to have left them...

Hope you can ship your books to the place you move. I could never leave my SK books. If I have
    to move someday, I'll take every single books with me.

I'm from K.C. and you will love it. We have lots of fountains. Also there are 4 Half Price Book Stores. Also check out Rainy Day Books in Westport.

Update: Finally got moved to K.C. and settled in. I was able to rent a hatchback Rav 4 and had plenty of room to load all my belongings and books! Thanks again to everyone for all the suggestions and offers to help out.

The first thing I did was find my local library and get a card. I checked out Wind Through The Keyhole and Full Dark, No Stars.

The place I moved to is actually a small suburb outside K.C. called Lenexa. It's a nice, clean city but it sure takes getting used to not seeing any of the older Northeast architecture. Everything's so new. I will say that I won't be missing PA's horrible roads.

Good to hear, Z. I have never been to Kansas, but I guess it must seem pretty flat out there compared to the 'burgh, huh?

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by ZMeister View Post
    Update: Finally got moved to K.C. and settled in. I was able to rent a hatchback Rav 4 and had plenty of room to load all my belongings and books! Thanks again to everyone for all the suggestions and offers to help out.

The first thing I did was find my local library and get a card. I checked out Wind Through The Keyhole and Full Dark, No Stars.

The place I moved to is actually a small suburb outside K.C. called Lenexa. It's a nice, clean city but it sure takes getting used to not seeing any of the older Northeast architecture. Everything's so new. I will say that I won't be missing PA's horrible roads.
    Good luck with the new location.

I've never lived in the Northeast, just visited but I know what you are talking about. There isn't much in the way of big old buildings in the US except for in the NE. When you go West, everything is newer. I love walking around the cities in the Northeast (walking - not driving ) and admiring the old buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMeister View Post
    The first thing I did was find my local library and get a card.

I am glad you have found a way out of the situation, that is great! I also don't think I would be able to leave my books behind... Good luck with the new home!

Yay! A happy ending! So how are you settling in? You like your new digs? Made friends yet? Found a good burger joint?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast