Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
It Really Breaks the Heart :'( - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It Really Breaks the Heart :'(

Default Re: It Really Breaks the Heart :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    Yay! A happy ending! So how are you settling in? You like your new digs? Made friends yet? Found a good burger joint?
    Right now I'm living with my son and it's a bit crowded. We'll probably be getting a bigger place in the next month or so. Haven't really gotten out socially yet but I have online friends from Wichita I'll probably be visiting in the future. Not found a good burger joint yet, but have found a good sushi place, and a couple good buffets.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMeister View Post
    I was able to rent a hatchback Rav 4 and had plenty of room to load all my belongings and books!
    This is the most important part of your post! Hurray! See? You didn't have to ditch your collection!

Now all's you need to do is update your location on your profile here....and find a good pizzeria and bakery. Ask Todash for recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMeister View Post
    Right now I'm living with my son and it's a bit crowded. We'll probably be getting a bigger place in the next month or so. Haven't really gotten out socially yet but I have online friends from Wichita I'll probably be visiting in the future. Not found a good burger joint yet, but have found a good sushi place, and a couple good buffets.
    Sounds like you are doing well, I'm glad. Relocating is never easy, I know I have done it a lot. I'm pretty much done now. Hear that universe? It won't be long before you have all of Wichita in your back pocket and you know where all the best digs are. Find a good wi-fi coffee shop, that helps when you are living with a large family in a small house. Been there done that didn't buy the t-shirt but it's a true story.
    Don't be a stranger!

I'm so sorry! Maybe someone will get the books you leave behind who has never read SK. You could be planting the seeds for new fans!

KC is a good city. It's "big" but also very small town feeling in many ways. I used to spend a lot of time there when I lived in Tulsa because it was only about 4 or so hours away.

Burger joint... hmmm... don't have a suggestion, but the plains states are beef country so most any diner style place will have good ones. Anyplace downtown in the "bricktown" area has great BBQ. That is kinda their thing.

Lenexa/Overland Park are some of the nicest suburbs. Make sure to go check out Fleming State Park around Lake Jacomo straight west of you near Blue Springs. From you I think you would take 1-435 towards downtown (north I think) and then exit on I-470 (east I think). There are a couple of exits that will get you there, but US 40 east off 470 is the fastest/closest to the area. Very pretty place.

Also, dunno if you went there for a job or whatever, but if you aren't working, The Mazzio's Corp in Overland Park is a great place to work. They own some pizza places (primarily in Tulsa) and restaurants, but the corp office is a good place to work. I had a couple of friends that were there and they loved it.

Anyway, good luck!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234