Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
When watching. - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When watching.

Default Re: When watching.

The film was on over here last night, and the only thing I ever think of is "wow, these actors are terrible." I still don't know what the hell Judd is saying half the time. The book was alot better but not exactly one of my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan View Post

Caring for a dying relative, losing a pet, a child, a spouse
    -not even a ray of sunshine in this one!! Even lacks the dark humor I so enjoy! I need to re-read the book-but I think watching the movie again may be out of the question!! There is not enough boxed wine or valium!
    ...I have a twisted sense of humor, and managed to find a couple of spots to chuckle over-but it didn't offset the darkness...

I still don't know what the hell Judd is saying half the time.
    ...the late Fred Gywnne did a tremendous job in the role, but WAS a bit over the top with the New England delivery...

Yes thank you. That's aint Herman. I lost that thought pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I have a twisted sense of humor, and managed to find a couple of spots to chuckle over-but it didn't offset the darkness...
    I suppose someone really twisted
    could find Gage's scenes at the end pretty funny! That was vague enough not to be a spoiler, right?!

...Ayuh!...

I am tempted to watch this movie again but I kinda want to sleep again in this lifetime! This was one of the very first SK movies I ever saw & it sure left a lasting impression!!!

I don't think I ever felt this way, I think all the actors in the movie were okay. The book is one of my favorites, but I did not think that the movie was somehow worse.

I have watched this movie only once, and I was either 11 or 12 years old at the time. It was at one of those sleepovers where the main goal is to hire a handful of scary movies and spend the night scaring the crap out of ourselves.

I didn't read the book until ten years or so after I saw the movie, and have read it twice.

The poor cat and poor little Gage.

At the first mention of Gage in the book, I thought, what a silly name for a kid. By the time I'd finished the book, I thought Gage was quite a cute name, actually.

I'm not sure if I'll see the movie again.

Well, guys - It's October soon. I think this one should be in the movie challenge. fer sure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast