Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Killing

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Killing

Default The Killing

Anybody else watch this?

I just burned through the first two seasons in short order (the third just started.) And I LOVE it.

A lot of fans apparently complained because it took them 26 episodes to resolve the first story arc. I didn't mind a bit; I think they did a fine job of keeping up the suspense over that time frame. Though I might've been a bit miffed if I'd had to wait for months between seasons...still, good stuff.They have some excellent scriptwriters. And everything else about the show is also top-notch.

I don't watch a ton of TV - the shows that I'm following at any given time can be counted on one hand. So much of it is just crap...but there are a few gems out there, too. This is one of them.

Default Re: The Killing

I liked the first season a lot, the second a bit less; the third, so far, has been excellent.

So yep, I'm a fan.

I liked the original Danish series much better.

I watched the first season as it aired and I liked it. I haven't seen the second or third season at all. I think I will watch it though. Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I've been wanting to watch that, but decided I'd wait to do so until the American version is done.

The outcome of the murder mystery in season 1-2 of the US version is different in the Danish version, where they handled the whole thing in one season. Season 2 starts with Sara Lund working much like Sarah Linden is at the beginning of S3, but the mystery is totally different. Their third season is definitely their final.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I'm gonna have to check that out!

We watched the American version of the first series because we didn't know about the Danish series. We watched the second series in Danish. I read both books as English translated from the Danish screenplays. I thought both were fantastic. English, Danish TV, book.

This is one of our summertime favorites. I have to always wonder, doesn't it ever stop raining. AGH!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast