Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Wish me luck...... - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck......

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Default Re: Wish me luck......

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I suspect maybe I shouldn't have used the word "vaseline" in a forum where GNT is.
    Oh you termilogically wired brain medical professionals and your big fifty cent words!

Yes, 3 miles is a long way to run if you haven't at least been routinely walking. Spend time before the race stretching muscles - all kinds of them, leg ones, back ones, all of your muscles. A little trick to avoid blisters is to coat your feet in vaseline before you put your sox on. I did that before I ran a marathon. I didn't get blisters but lots of others did.

And good luck!
    Before I started cycling to work I did a mimi marathon and waked it. No shame as long as you finish in one piece. Good Luck!

*disclaimer*... "chuffed" in England means happy, proud, pleased... Chaffed means sore from the rubbing together of bits of body.... Good old differences in our language....

Quote Originally Posted by mustangclaire View Post
    *disclaimer*... "chuffed" in England means happy, proud, pleased... Chaffed means sore from the rubbing together of bits of body.... Good old differences in our language....
    We use "chuffed" a lot here too.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Cure???...who the hell said anythin' 'bouta cure?...oh whoa nelly you best just keeps your snake oily lotions & potions away from my commotions..I mean I earned that
    ...just like penicillin my man, only greasier....

I suspect maybe I shouldn't have used the word "vaseline" in a forum where GNT is.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Oh you termilogically wired brain medical professionals and your big fifty cent words!
    ...you dare not cast aspersions upon he who writ the last cyber-communication, for thou might be the sorrowful receptacle of the distal end of a right upper extremity slathered in mass amounts of aforementioned petroleum gelatin....

Quote Originally Posted by mustangclaire View Post
    ...no disclaimer necessary...jest be doin' my job of firing of salvos of half-azzed humor...

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...you dare not cast aspersions upon he who writ the last cyber-communication, for thou might be the sorrowful receptacle of the distal end of a right upper extremity slathered in mass amounts of aforementioned petroleum gelatin....

Oh jeezle am I gonna be needin' summa them penicillins?...hmm, best make it a six pack to go, I mean you know, just bein' prepared in case we get company is all.

Congrats Mustangclaire!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast