This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: King on God

Default Re: King on God

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    For different religions to peacefully co-exist you would have to edit and change their religious texts (the Quran and Bible for instance) and remove all of the passages that either promote violence or promote intolerance toward other religions and non-believers. I don't think religious folks would be happy to have their books changed, even for the purpose of invoking world peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
    The big bang didn't come from "nothing". The state of energy that caused the big bang to happen can't be studied or observed because in order to do so we would have to go back to the moment before the big bang occurred and that would frankly be impossible.

Regardless of how one feels about an intelligent designer, one thing is almost certain: That the major religions of the world (judaism, christianity, islam, hinduism, etc) are false and cannot be correct. All the major religions have irreconcilable contradictions about god and spirituality. Not only do they contradict one another, they also have internal contradictions as well, along with historical errors, discrepancies, translation errors/mistakes in their written works, etc.

I'm still very open to the idea of an intelligent designer, but I highly doubt that such a designer would want us to sacrifice animals on an altar, pray 5 times a day, or send us to hell because we got drunk one night and bonked the cute neighbor girl.
    I appreciate your points and I used to think just like that. The others are having too much fun with their jokes so, I will get back to you on that Thanks for posting though.

Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, and Sam Harris

these guys are known as the Princes of "new atheism" .
    I love new atheism but I hate the new atheists (above and a few more).

I like to call my self a 12 karat agnostic , meaning Im basically agnostic but
    I have no strong convictions even where THAT is concerned .

I go to Quaker meeting most First days, (Sunday to you guys) but Im not
    TRULY a believer...not quite.

I believe Naomi would understand .

Dearly Beloved, We are gathered here today to witness....

Last edited by FlakeNoir; July 5th, 2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Link removed at Neesy's request.

Believe what you want. I do.

The biggest problem with religion is mankind, not God. The same can be said of science. I am a believer in God, if your not, that your business. I respect you either way. One thing we as humans need to be able to do is to SEE better, or be open minded, and not bash believers or non-believers. I have some friends that are very religious, others that are not so much, and even one friend who doesn't believe in any god of any kind. I love them all the same, as I believe Christ does. I believe in God and in His son, Christ. Religion is what tends to screw things up, that and small-mindedness. Live and let live, love and let love. As far as Mr. King is concerned, I've heard him state that he does indeed believe in God. But even if he didn't, I'd read him anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
    The big bang didn't come from "nothing". The state of energy that caused the big bang to happen can't be studied or observed because in order to do so we would have to go back to the moment before the big bang occurred and that would frankly be impossible.

Regardless of how one feels about an intelligent designer, one thing is almost certain: That the major religions of the world (judaism, christianity, islam, hinduism, etc) are false and cannot be correct. All the major religions have irreconcilable contradictions about god and spirituality. Not only do they contradict one another, they also have internal contradictions as well, along with historical errors, discrepancies, translation errors/mistakes in their written works, etc.

I'm still very open to the idea of an intelligent designer, but I highly doubt that such a designer would want us to sacrifice animals on an altar, pray 5 times a day, or send us to hell because we got drunk one night and bonked the cute neighbor girl.
    THIS !!!!

I was going to put this in the thread "It" but it seemed more appropriate here. Having just finished the book It I noticed in my copy of the book near the very end under Epilogue: Bill Denbrough Beats the Devil (II) there is a small mention of God. This is after he takes his wife Aubra who is in a catatonic state for a wild bike ride on Silver to wake her up so to speak:
    " Not all boats which sail away into darkness never find the sun again, or the hand of another child; if life teaches anything at all, it teaches that there are so many happy endings that the man who believes there is no God needs his rationality called into serious question." - from It which was published in 1986 1986 - that book is as old as my son! and I just read it now.

Gotta say it was very good but it did not terrify me. I think I was more scared by the guy who killed people in Rose Madder by

biting them to death! Yikes!

Man I am sorry but I wish to apologize for the entry above that shows Mr. King dressed as a preacher or more specifically the link I provided. It turns out it is some sort of online magazine or paper called "The Blaze" - being Canadian and not really all that with it when it comes to accessing things on the internet I had never heard of these guys. When I go back now I see they seem to be sort of right wing or almost (hmmmm - how do I put this? - well I don't know how to put it but I do not agree with their views on something to do with women - specifically regarding choice, abortion, etc.) However I did not know any better so just take the link with a grain of salt. I should be more careful before just randomly posting stuff but then again

I am in a thread called "Religion" which is a pretty hot topic in itself. Perhaps I will just see myself out now - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Man I am sorry but I wish to apologize for the entry above that shows Mr. King dressed as a preacher or more specifically the link I provided. It turns out it is some sort of online magazine or paper called "The Blaze" - being Canadian and not really all that with it when it comes to accessing things on the internet I had never heard of these guys. When I go back now I see they seem to be sort of right wing or almost (hmmmm - how do I put this? - well I don't know how to put it but I do not agree with their views on something to do with women - specifically regarding choice, abortion, etc.) However I did not know any better so just take the link with a grain of salt. I should be more careful before just randomly posting stuff but then again

I am in a thread called "Religion" which is a pretty hot topic in itself. Perhaps I will just see myself out now - thanks!
    If you're not happy with your link, just let us know and one of the moderators will remove it for you.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast