This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on which book to read next..... I'm jonesing for some Mid World!

Default Re: Need advice on which book to read next..... I'm jonesing for some Mid World!

im a page sniffing expert

Default Re: Need advice on which book to read next..... I'm jonesing for some Mid World!

Since I've finished NOS4R2 and almost finished Joyland I was thinking 20th Century Ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by doowopgirl View Post
    Since I've finished NOS4R2 and almost finished Joyland I was thinking 20th Century Ghosts.
    There is such a massive range of books I am finding myself, at times, rather confused with the shorthand of titles....

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    There is such a massive range of books I am finding myself, at times, rather confused with the shorthand of titles....
    Winter, NOS4A2 is Joe Hill's latest book, and that is the title, spelled just like that.

As for the other ones, that a lot of us do use shorthand for, just give a holler, and someone will be happy to tell you what we mean! You'll be speaking our shorthand in no time at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    Winter, NOS4A2 is Joe Hill's latest book, and that is the title, spelled just like that.

As for the other ones, that a lot of us do use shorthand for, just give a holler, and someone will be happy to tell you what we mean! You'll be speaking our shorthand in no time at all.
    ​hahahah what a spaz...I finally ask and that actually the title. Thanks though, I def will ask from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    ​hahahah what a spaz...I finally ask and that actually the title. Thanks though, I def will ask from now on.
    I haven't heard someone say "spaz' for ages!

(You should have seen me trying to figure out acronyms when I first started hanging out on the boards, it's not something that Kiwi's seem to use that often, well--as often anyway.)
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post

(You should have seen me trying to figure out acronyms when I first started hanging out on the boards, it's not something that Kiwi's seem to use that often, well--as often anyway.)
    You've been educating me as well. I now know what naffed, chuffed, wanker, and several other words I can't think of at the moment mean and how to use them in context.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

In the Straub-King interview above, Straub made me laugh with this:

Reviewers say that typical Straub writing is literary and that King writing is popular culture. Is that true?

PS: No. Steve is as literary as he has to be, and I'm fed up with being described as some kind of embalmed mandarin who thinks in polysyllabic orotund sentences. If I were that guy nobody would buy my books.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    You've been educating me as well. I now know what naffed, chuffed, wanker, and several other words I can't think of at the moment mean and how to use them in context.
    naffed, chuffed, wanker
    ...use them all in the same sentence for REAL big laffs!....

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post

Language 101 taught here on the SKMB. Brings back smiles to think of all the words, phrases, slang that has been learned not only by us Americans, but all our internationals members too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast