This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you go to the library?

Default Re: Do you go to the library?

My daughter and I go once a week...more or less. Sometimes she plays on the computers and things while I read...sometimes we watch the big teles with the head phones, sometimes we both read. Its a building made mostly of glass so its extra lovely in the winter....and the only library I have ever been to where there is a cafe in the middle and they'll serve you your hot drinks where ever you are, whatever you're doing. <3 Plus we always leave with an arm load of books that make the walk seem a little less appealing than when we left home.

...not for a very long time...my own bookcase is my "library"...

I was last week to the library. But not goes often anymore. As Scott says- my bookcase is also my library.

I have a list of about 15 reserved books at my library, a book waits for me there now. Talking about libraries, I am reading The World's Strongest Librarian: A Memoir of Tourette's, Faith, Strength, and the power of family, Josh Hanagarne, the author, speaks of visiting the library almost daily when he was a child. He is now a librarian in the Salt Lake City Library. Highly recommend this book if you love libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    Same for me but I love to keep some of mine in unread condition. However I do love our local used book store as well.

We try to take the kids throughout the summer and keep them interested in reading. They do so much in the area of sports, it is nice to get their minds on something else once in a while.

I don't spend a lot of time at the library but I get most of my books there. Thank goodness for the library's online reservation system. I LOVE the feeling I get in the library! All those wonderful books waiting to be read.

Unfortunately, I haven't been for a few years...

I used to go a lot before but not much now. I think I'll start going back this summer especially since I've been running out of space to keep my books. Right now there a stack of books on my desk that I keep having to move anytime I want to use my computer.

Oh believe me, I have a wall of bookcases in my house. I can never get enough.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast