Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I'm new here. My friend and I wrote our separate visions for the adaptation...

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: I'm new here. My friend and I wrote our separate visions for the adaptation...

Default I'm new here. My friend and I wrote our separate visions for the adaptation...

Hey all,

I'm Matt. I'm new here. I'm a big Stephen King fan. My friend and I have spent a ridiculous amount of time over the years discussing how to adapt The Dark Tower. Recently, I started a movie/TV blog and asked my friend to write out his plan for adapting The Tower. Basically, I want a 4 season TV series that begins with a movie and ends with 2 movies. My friend has a more straight forward TV adaptation in mind.

I've linked them here for you guys. Let me know what you think.

The Path of The Beam Adapting The Dark Tower for the Screen

Ka is a Wheel How I Would Adapt The Dark Tower

For good measure, I'm in the midst of a "Stephen King Week" on my blog, if you guys are interested in checking it out.

Default Re: I'm new here. My friend and I wrote our separate visions for the adaptation...

...I wanna see the "Real Housewives of Call Brynn Sturgis"...

Default Re: I'm new here. My friend and I wrote our separate visions for the adaptation...

Hey Matt, welcome to the Board.

1. Be careful what you post here, as anything that's in these threads automatically becomes property of Stephen King. (I'm not lying about this.)
    2. Investigate copyrighting your idea. The Writers Guild of America sets forth guidelines and how-to's here: http://www.wga.org/subpage_writersresources.aspx?id=81
    3. Start networking to eventually make your pitch to someone in Hollywood. Think carefully about who you'd like to approach. Is there a director whose work you admire? Is there a string of movies produced by the same production company that you think will be interested in your work? Get a copy of the Hollywood Creative Directory and go from there: http://www.writersstore.com/hollywoo...ive-directory/
    4. Never give up.

Good luck!

these threads automatically becomes property of Stephen King.
    ....boy have I ever de-valued THAT collection!...

Thanks Lily! I'll keep that in mind. My friend and I live in a small town in Indiana. I doubt we'd actually ever be in a position to adapt anything. We really just wrote these up for fun.