This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Under The Dome Miniseries ***SPOILERS***

Default Re: Under The Dome Miniseries

I was really looking forward to this and in the first 20 minutes they changed so much the only thing that seems the same is the title, a few character names and a dome. Can y'all say Lawnmower man. What a joke.

Sounds like a reasonable chance to give something... although I might watch more than three, sometimes five or seven....

I have no idea how my post got in so far after Sunny's....

Quote Originally Posted by Ebdim9th View Post
    I have no idea how my post got in so far after Sunny's....
    The ones in between were waiting in the moderating queue, I've just been a bit busy with the kids tonight--sorry, have approved them now.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
    Too early to say much, with this episode, but I enjoyed it. They took a totally different direction with Junior, and even made Big Jim a little more likeable (scary thought). I'm curious to see how they play out. I do wonder, since this is network TV, how far it's going go, because the novel was very graphic.
    I enjoyed it too. Episode 1 has a few major differences from the novel but I expected there to be differences. It will take a couple more episodes to tell how good it will be. I'll let it stand on it's own and don't get too carried away with comparing it to the book. The show can stray from the book and still be good.

I liked the scenes of the truck and plane crashing into the invisible wall.

Default Re: Under The Dome Miniseries ***SPOILERS***

Unless I've been reading all the hype the wrong way, it's been a stated fact the TV series was based on the SK novel UTD. We were told there would be major differences. I'm holding back an opinion until I've seen a few more episodes. It is different and though characters have the same name, they are not as portrayed within the book.

I think the non reader of the book may have the advantage here-- no comparisons can be made. Onward to episode two.

I haven't read the book in a while so I am a little fuzzy on plot points and characters..actually might have been a good thing, because I viewed it more as a non-reader than reader. I really liked it, it held my interest and I am looking forward to further episodes. I was on another message board I go to (not a stephen king board) with people who have not read the book and they enjoyed it. I think maybe to really enjoy it you need to let the comparisons go and just take it as it is. Hard to do for diehard fans, but I think if you always go into a project thinking it is going to be like the book, you will be disappointed.

...for me, it looked just like the dashboard of my Wrangler as I headed to work...

A lot of changes from the book, and I have forgotten some of the minor characters. Just before it aired, I saw an interview with the actress for Deputy Linda; good old television, if your not sure about the formula, add some eye candy to sweeten the mix.

I don't think I can watch anymore. It may be a decent TV show for people who haven't read the book, but all it's going to do for me is ruin the great memories I have of reading the book.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast