This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Under The Dome Miniseries ***SPOILERS***

Default Re: Under The Dome Miniseries ***SPOILERS***

I was flipping back and forth during the Bruins game () I have it DVRed and will watch it all when I get the chance...............But........

Was that Barbie throwing a body into a shallow grave?

They substituted a cow for the little woodchuck?

I liked it. It's been awhile since i've read the book but everything was familiar enough to keep me happy. I'm sure a lot was changed to make casual viewers more interested.

I DVRd it and have not watched it yet. That said, have none of you people who are outraged by all the differences from the book not read any press on the TV show? If you had, it would come as no surprise. Also, SK is very involved with the show himself. I feel that if he gives his blessing to this take on his novel, then who are we to be upset over it? Either watch the show and try to enjoy it for what it is or don't watch it at all. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    I was flipping back and forth during the Bruins game () I have it DVRed and will watch it all when I get the chance...............But........

Was that Barbie throwing a body into a shallow grave?

They substituted a cow for the little woodchuck?
    Yep that was Barbie! I am curious how much they change Phil Bushey. He was one of my favorites from the book!

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    I DVRd it and have not watched it yet. That said, have none of you people who are outraged by all the differences from the book not read any press on the TV show? If you had, it would come as no surprise. Also, SK is very involved with the show himself. I feel that if he gives his blessing to this take on his novel, then who are we to be upset over it? Either watch the show and try to enjoy it for what it is or don't watch it at all. Easy.
    Exactly..I think us constant readers tend to enjoy SK's works so much,we get miffed when things change for the silver screen(or whatever screen tv is as opposed to the movies)..think ya gotta go with it for a while and see how it plays out,at least that is what I am gonna do,and not be too upset over the changes..

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    Exactly..I think us constant readers tend to enjoy SK's works so much,we get miffed when things change for the silver screen(or whatever screen tv is as opposed to the movies)..think ya gotta go with it for a while and see how it plays out,at least that is what I am gonna do,and not be too upset over the changes..
    The only time I get "miffed" (nice word choice!) is when I know that SK has nothing to do with an adaptation and it all goes wrong. Then I wonder why the producers of the film, TV movie, etc. even bothered to buy the rights to a SK novel. If SK gives his blessing to something, then I go along for the ride because I know that he has a hand it in somehow and that the end product is part of his bigger vision for that particular work.

Quote Originally Posted by redman View Post
    Yep that was Barbie! I am curious how much they change Phil Bushey. He was one of my favorites from the book!
    Thanks redman!

Well, isn't that interesting?? Can't wait to watch it and see what is going to happen.

Bushey was one of my favorites too. Always thought of him as a kind of Trashcan Man junior.........

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    That was my point also. Every article I read, even words from SK himself, stated that it would be different from the book. I'm taking the Tv series at face value and going with the flow of the adaption/ based on series. Give it a chance- let' see where it takes us.

From an article:Baer's response: "That's the question that Linda (Natalie Martinez) and Duke ask in the first episode. It's a really good question. That's the basis of the show. Why us? What are we going to learn? Why were we chosen? Duke and Linda ask if we're being punished. Why is this happening? That's the crux of the whole series as we explore that."

Baer's response: "There are incidents from the book that we'll certainly visit. The book is like a format for the show in that there was a Chester's Mill, there was a dome and there was a Barbie, a Julia and a Big Jim and they're trapped. So that format that Stephen so brilliantly created is a foundation for the show, but we'll move beyond it."

Full link it has spoilers so don't read until you have seen episode one.

The series does include a dome, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    The series does include a dome, right?

There was, all though the ending shot of the lit dome was awfully small. I always pictured it much bigger, didn't a jet liner hit it near the end of the book?

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast