Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
sad disappointment - Page 5

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: sad disappointment

Default Re: sad disappointment

What I thought was funny in the fire scene:

The speed with which the fire spread from the letters in the trashcan, to the curtains, to the whole room and then to the house. Even Trashcan man would have been impressed.

I'm hoping I did the spoiler tag correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Justashortimer View Post
    I'm enjoying the show so far.
    Me too. Didn't have a problem with the fire or Jim on the tractor, was more focused on the big picture stuff. When it comes to television, I've learned long ago to put the magnifying glass away and just enjoy it for what it is. The hour certainly went by fast for episode 2.
    Last edited by Shoesalesman; July 3rd, 2013 at 11:32 AM.

I'm enjoying the series so far. Granted it took me the first ten minutes of the pilot to sit and accept, "It's not the book. In fact, it's not going to be anything like the book."

Yeah... I was initially really disappointed that it veered SO drastically from the book, so quickly. Mainly because I loved the book and was excited to see it on screen. But I plan on sticking it out to the end and judging it based on what it is. "A miniseries sort-of based on an awesome book."

i've read through many of the posts and came across....a miniseries and a book are not the same thing.....several times. my question is: why not? does anyone think the plot, any of the characters, what have you, in the tv series is better than the book? i certainly do not. why couldn't the producers and director follow the book closer? the answer is simple, it must be dumbed down for the masses who love the khardashians. that's the only reason i can think of.

too bad hbo did not sign on for under the dome. look at what they've done with the george r r martin books. game of thrones is wonderful. amc has done a great job with their series. nbc,cbs, abc, fox....they make tv for the dumb and dumber. i bet anything that before u t d ends that there will be vampires.

no food city riots, no blowing up the town......man, that is simply criminal.

no food city riot.....no blowing up the town......that is just criminal.

no food city riot? that is just criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by danandlouie View Post
    i've read through many of the posts and came across....a miniseries and a book are not the same thing.....several times. my question is: why not? does anyone think the plot, any of the characters, what have you, in the tv series is better than the book? i certainly do not. why couldn't the producers and director follow the book closer? the answer is simple, it must be dumbed down for the masses who love the khardashians. that's the only reason i can think of.

too bad hbo did not sign on for under the dome. look at what they've done with the george r r martin books. game of thrones is wonderful. amc has done a great job with their series. nbc,cbs, abc, fox....they make tv for the dumb and dumber. i bet anything that before u t d ends that there will be vampires.

No. You're wrong.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Talking Heads.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	18143

Did you see the thread in which Steve himself deals with your questions? Here...

http://www.stephenking.com/community...ghlight=letter

...this post is criminal!...cheese & rice c'mon!!!...asked and answered by the man himself!!...enough pontificating...either switch channels, shut the damn thing off or get out of Mom's basement and get some fresh air...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...this post is criminal!...cheese & rice c'mon!!!...asked and answered by the man himself!!...enough pontificating...either switch channels, shut the damn thing off or get out of Mom's basement and get some fresh air...
    I totally agree with Danandlouise, this series is absolutely terrible. In HBOs Game of Thrones, they made some minor changes, but nothing like how CBS has butchered UTD. This is one reader/viewer who will not be disappointed further by watching anymore episodes.

I watched episode three last night and enjoyed it very much. I liked the part in the woods where... oh never mind - too tired to put spoiler tags around anything. Let's just agree to disagree on how good this series is. I missed episode two but it is recorded. In my opinion the acting is good and I am starting to care about the characters. Pretty decent special effects, too.
    Just get over the fact that it is different from the book and enjoy it without comparing it to the original. I am sure Stephen King is happy with how his work has been treated

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast