This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Message from Steve about changes in UTD

Default Re: Message from Steve about changes in UTD

​We live in the future in NZ...sadly our TV does not...soo I havent seen 'Under The Dome' yet but I am surprised at the people complaining about it (and pleased to hear many like it...I am looking forward to it) but I had a thought...that seems not to have occurred to some of the more surly complainers....errr...dont watch it?
    Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    You do know that the novel itself is profoundly liberal, right? Surely there's no chance that that slipped your attention...

But it's a good question; why would he do these things you mention? I can't be sure, but I bet the Illuminati and/or the New World Order are involved.
    This cracked me up......
    just two notes:
    1) Coke hurts when it spews from one's nose.....and
    2) You, sir might owe me a new keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    This cracked me up......
    just two notes:
    1) Coke hurts when it spews from one's nose.....and
    2) You, sir might owe me a new keyboard
    (1) Boy, don't I know it...
    (2) Ruh-roh...!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    ​We live in the future in NZ...sadly our TV does not...soo I havent seen 'Under The Dome' yet but I am surprised at the people complaining about it (and pleased to hear many like it...I am looking forward to it) but I had a thought...that seems not to have occurred to some of the more surly complainers....errr...dont watch it?
    Just a thought.
    Here in America, we prize our freedoms, including the freedom to watch television shows we don't enjoy so that we can continue to complain about them on the internet.

HOW DARE YOU TRY TO TAKE MY FREEDOM ON JULY 4?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    Here in America, we prize our freedoms, including the freedom to watch television shows we don't enjoy so that we can continue to complain about them on the internet.

HOW DARE YOU TRY TO TAKE MY FREEDOM ON JULY 4?!?

Thats fair...I rather like a whine or a wine...better yet...a whine with a wine....myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Steve asked me to post this to, hopefully, address the concerns of those of the viewers who are having some problems with the changes that have been made in the TV series:
    I am so happy SK asked Ms. Mod to post this. I said "huh?" quite often while watching the first couple episodes so I came here to see what y'all thought. Steve's message about the changes in UTD has helped me to cope lol.

I love SK's characters and I usually think changing them should be one of the deadly sins but... I think the character changes we've seen so far in the series will improve the long term storyline. The Andy Sanders character seems to have been dropped (unless he was absorbed by another character) and that's probably a good thing. And, I'm very curious as to what the re-imagined source of the dome is.

If UTD is half as good as Haven, I will love it!

I liked the third episode. I've still got some issues with certain things, but on the whole I thought it was a much stronger episode than the first two.

Quote Originally Posted by no bounce no play View Post
    The Andy Sanders character seems to have been dropped (unless he was absorbed by another character) and that's probably a good thing.
    I would tend to agree with that. Andy was probably one of my all-time least-favorite King characters, so I haven't missed him in the slightest.

Yup - tis good there is no doubt about that (and getting better) as the characters develop! I am so glad I am recording this on the PVR so I can watch it again (all at one sitting while fast forwarding those annoying commercials)

One thing about fast forwarding the commercials though...did anyone else catch the ad for Doctor Sleep in episode 1? It ran twice, and I thought it was a really cool commercial.

But I did fast forward commercials in episode 2, and haven't watched episode 3 yet because hubby is on nights again. Have to wait until he can watch with me.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast