This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Care To Speculate.........

Default Re: Anyone Care To Speculate.........

I vote for some weird (government or other) experiment gone wrong. Don't they always go wrong?
    I think that's what the propane is for.

I will offer 2 suggestions:

1. Using a theme from the Tommy Knockers, which isn't far off base the UTD, some buried ancient technology in the town got activated by accident. Could be Alien, maybe the remenants of Atlantis are really in Chester Mills.
    2. Utilizing the theme from high volumes of Meth production in the book, someone's (military, corporate, terrorist, etc.) intended experiment goes the wrong way creating the dome due to pollution of chemicals in the air from the meth making. Perhaps a terrorist want to test a new EMP burst technology on a small town, before doing it in a big city; instead of all electronics being fried, the dome was created. That would also leave a terrorist in the town to track down, and everyone getting paranoid who the culprit may be.

Martians!!! See the resemblance???

Another thought. What if it is to protect the people of Chester Mills from an impending disaster. Such as a scientist with cutting edge military technology shielding his home town from a ... (meteor, sun burst, terrorist bomb plot, etc.). We get to see the other side of the dome go "boom".

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    Another thought. What if it is to protect the people of Chester Mills from an impending disaster. Such as a scientist with cutting edge military technology shielding his home town from a ... (meteor, sun burst, terrorist bomb plot, etc.). We get to see the other side of the dome go "boom".
    Well, if it is to protect them, then...

It pretty much backfires knowing how out of control things get in Chester's Mill!

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    Well, if it is to protect them, then...

It pretty much backfires knowing how out of control things get in Chester's Mill!
    Possibly, but if everything is new. It might not reach levels read in the book. It could even randomly disappear, then a few minutes, or hours, later, reappear.

....I blame everything on them damn Yankees!(no, not the rock band or the Broadway show)...whoooooooaaaaaa!, I'm from Ohio....I have met the enemy, and he am me!....

So I guess we can forget about blaming it on the Russians? That is so pre 1989 when the Berlin Wall went down... Oh never mind those were Germans, not Russians (I am so confused)

I think the dome is being generated by Little Walter, who hasn't been introduced on the show yet. Little Walter doesn't know he's doing it, but he's probably a combination of Carrie, Seth from the Regulators, and Danny Torrence from the Shining.

Quote Originally Posted by nate_watkins View Post
    I think the dome is being generated by Little Walter, who hasn't been introduced on the show yet. Little Walter doesn't know he's doing it, but he's probably a combination of Carrie, Seth from the Regulators, and Danny Torrence from the Shining.
    I LOVE THIS CONCEPT!!! And you could add

Charlie from Firestarter to tie in the whole government conspiracy possibility!
    Brilliant, Nate!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast