Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone Care To Speculate......... - Page 5

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Care To Speculate.........

Default Re: Anyone Care To Speculate.........

Whatever I think would probably be totally wrong. Surprise me, writers!

I'm beginning to wonder if the dome has something to do with Norrie. Watch episode 4 before reading the spoiler, which isn't actually a spoiler but I'm curious as to if anyone else thinks the same thing after watching the episode.

The dome appeared shortly after Norrie entered the town. I'm thinking she might be a star child. It would kinda explain the creation of the three extra characters. And, she seems to have some kind of link with the dome... her seizures seem to be related to the dome and her star child alien half... if she is a star child. Maybe she's just an empath.

Quote Originally Posted by scales View Post
    The Simpson's had an episode about four or so years ago that had their town under a dome. Did Stephen have to get permission to basically copy their story line?
    Invisible domes covering towns or other land areas isn't a storyline premise as common as alien invasions or alien doppelgängers but the premise has been around since 1965 that I know of... long before The Simpsons used it anyways lol. I think it's uncommon because it's a difficult premise to write a story around. Mr King did a really good job of it

I keep thinking of the dome as a cake plate cover Maybe some alien feeds on fear and emotional cruelty and placed the cover over Chester Mills in order to cultivate those emotions.

or maybe Chester Mills is like a cocoon for the alien's offspring (is thinking Harriet's baby) and later the residents become its food source.

I read too much sci-fi lol

I like those ideas nbnp.................

Not to ignore the original question, but I wonder if the dome disappears over Chester's Mill, but reappears somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Not to ignore the original question, but I wonder if the dome disappears over Chester's Mill, but reappears somewhere else.
    I love that idea! especially if it occurs at the end of the series. The remaining residents of Chesters Mill rejoice when the dome is lifted and hug each other thinking the horror has ended and that the whatever has lost interest in humankind. Then, the camera shifts to another small town and, BAM! another cow is sliced in half.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by no bounce no play View Post
    I love that idea! especially if it occurs at the end of the series. The remaining residents of Chesters Mill rejoice when the dome is lifted and hug each other thinking the horror has ended and that the whatever has lost interest in humankind. Then, the camera shifts to another small town and, BAM! another cow is sliced in half.
    This idea of a traveling dome was floated in another thread here on the SKMB.

I'll be damned if I can recall which one though.....

There really isn't any reason for us (the viewers) or the residents of Chesters Mill to think there aren't other domes in other places. The soldiers would know but they aren't communicating with the residents.

hehe... I'm kinda glad the series has changed things... We can speculate about all kinds of stuff lol

Do y'all think pink stars refers to the way stars appear as viewed from the alien's planet due to a different atmosphere? That is IF the dome was created by aliens.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast