Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Gunslinger! - Page 5

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Gunslinger!

Default Re: The Gunslinger!

Javier Bardem has been out of the running for a while now. The last person discussed (publicly) for the role was Russell Crowe.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Javier Bardem has been out of the running for a while now. The last person discussed (publicly) for the role was Russell Crowe.
    Feh. I think they would do better with an unknown that can act. Roland is a strong character and, in my not so humble opinion, needs to come through an actor, not a movie star. While Crowe can act, he is too tangible and has a Crowe flavor. We wouldn't be seeing Roland. We would be seeing Crowe in a Roland outfit. There are plenty of unknowns out there with serious chops, i.e. actors who work steady but generally do character bits. They should find one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Guess I am not 'fangirling' enough these days. Thanks for the update Ms. Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Gray View Post
    Feh. I think they would do better with an unknown that can act. Roland is a strong character and, in my not so humble opinion, needs to come through an actor, not a movie star. While Crowe can act, he is too tangible and has a Crowe flavor. We wouldn't be seeing Roland. We would be seeing Crowe in a Roland outfit. There are plenty of unknowns out there with serious chops, i.e. actors who work steady but generally do character bits. They should find one of those.
    I've been suspecting that's what we need. Unless they can find an essentially ugly, morbidly rugged, tallish male celebrity.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345